Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    thurmond94 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2010, 12:29 PM
    Adding names to My deed, however the house is not paid for.
    Can I add someone to my deed without the house being fully paid for? If I can will they be responsible for the mortgage.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Nov 2, 2010, 12:31 PM

You can... but its stupid.. they will OWN a share of the house you can't take away, that they won't even have to pay for. And it has NOTHING to do with who is responsible for the mortgage. The people responsible for the mortgage are those who have their names on the mortgage.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 2, 2010, 04:58 PM

Normally you may have to get the lenders permission before you can add them. And no, if you just add them to the deed but not the mortgage they have no obligation to pay for it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adding names to a deed [ 5 Answers ]

My mother would like to add 2 of her children's name on the house deed. She lives in New York state. How does she add her children's names to the deed?

Adding daughters' names on my deed [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I was wondering how I would go about putting the names of my daughter's on my deed? If I do this does is guarantee that they will inherit my home when I die? These questions answered would be very helpful. I am from Massachsetts, I don't know if there is different laws for different states...

Adding names to deed of house [ 3 Answers ]

My house is paid for and we want to add our kids names to the deed, how would we go about doing that?

Adding and removing names from a deed? [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know information on adding a spouse to a deed and removing parents from deed.

View more questions Search