Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Michelina Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2010, 09:28 AM
    Selling a lien against an evicted tenant for back rent
    I expect to win a judgement against an evicted tenant for money owed forrent and damages. I've been told that I can sell the lien to a company that buys them; I can then get the money owed (with a percentage taken out, I'm assuming). How can I find the right kind of reputable company?

Check out some similar questions!

Can I be evicted from key home if I paid my back rent and only owe for the current mo [ 4 Answers ]

I went to court one August 21 for July and prorated September rent up until the 21 of September. As of today date (10/09/10), I have paid all of my back rent and only owe for October. Can I be evicted for the current month without a court order? I am in the state of Va and this is what my apt staff...

Lien from landlord who says I did not pay rent... now I have a lien... not true [ 6 Answers ]

I was living in Spanish Harlem in NY... I moved out of my apartment... which was paid in full. Four years later I am sent a letter stating I owed them $3000. I was shocked. I spoke to their lawyer who's assistant was really rude and unhelpful.. I had sent them a letter saying I wanted to...

Can I get evicted from a separate tenant getting evicted [ 5 Answers ]

I live in Florida and live in a house with 3 other people, one which is my brother and he has been late on rent.. the oowner wants to evict him.. would the landlord have the right to evict me just because I'm his brother

Landlord selling house, can we be evicted, unclear about lease [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, Our landlord is selling the house we're renting. Our lease is March 1 2008 to March 31 2009. He says any new owners will have to honor the lease till it expires. Here's where I'm confused, as I was just reviewing our lease. It states:

Evicted with a Mechanic's Lien? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I'm back again. Question! Okay we moved into a home under the agreement that we do remodeling and repairs in exchange for rent and utilities. Homeowner's are our parents. In June 2007 a misunderstanding caused dad to give 3 day notice, we went to court, they had superior title, they won. ...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.