Nov 2, 2010, 07:03 AM
    What is it you want to know?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 2, 2010, 07:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by marisolortiz View Post
    I been living here for 14 years now the new owner want me to sign a lease
    Hello m:

Bummer. But, it IS his building, and he can change the rules if he wants to. A lease protects YOU too, you know? So, if the new lease doesn't include a humongous increase in rent, it's certainly reasonable.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a landlord make you sign a lease after not having one for 15 years? [ 3 Answers ]

We have been living in the same house for almost 15yrs. Our landlord did not have us sign a lease when we moved in but now he wants us to. Is this legal?

I am a green card holder and have been living in the US for 13 years - three years ag [ 21 Answers ]

I am a green card holder and have been living in the US for 13 years - three years ago I have purchased a house in Poland for which I borrowed money from my father in Poland (he is Polish citizen only, not US resident in any manner). I have sold this house last year and I have reported capital gain...

Co owner living in house is not paying mortgage in my name. [ 5 Answers ]

I owned a property with my mom as joint tenants. Then mom was asked to sign a deed with brother but left me out of deed. I'm told that this makes us all tenants in common. Is this correct? Am I 50 percent owner and they own 25% each since mom split only her share? Or are we equal owners? Part 2...

Can the owner show the home while you are living there? [ 1 Answers ]

We have had possession pay our rent on time and everything. Do the people who own the house have the right to put their house up for sale and show it while we are living here? I am disabled and this can be very life interupting at times please help? Do they have a legal right to show it while we...

Breaking lease in Texas-Did not sign lease [ 2 Answers ]

I have shared a house for 15 months with two other roomates. There is a 2 year lease on the house. My name is on the lease with the other two roomates, BUT I did NOT sign the lease. I want to move out because I can no longer stand living with these two roomates. Am I free and clear to leave...

View more questions Search