Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jessicah1984 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2010, 06:18 PM
    13 year old choosing where to live

I want to know if my 13 yr old child has the right to say she wants to come live with me
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Nov 2, 2010, 05:19 AM

Sure! She can say anything she wants! This is America, we have freedom of speech!

Is that going to make it so that she CAN live with you? Nope! A judge and a court order do that.

Children can choose where they want to live at 18.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My 16 year old wants to live with me? [ 1 Answers ]

I went through a divorce and my ex was awarded primary custody with us having joint legal custody.My daughter who is 16 wants to live with me.Her grades are not the greatest and she says she's happier with me.She doesn't get along with her stepmom that well.What is the law for California for that...

A child choosing which parent to live with [ 5 Answers ]

This is another often asked question so I'm adding it as a sticky. A child can NEVER make the choice. In no US state can a minor child (under 18) make the decision as to which parent to live with. Only a judge can make that decision. Some areas have guidelines on how much weight to put on a...

Choosing where to live [ 1 Answers ]

How old does my daughter have to be to choose who she wants to live with, her father or me?

14 year old stepson wants to live with us [ 4 Answers ]

My 14 year old stepson has stated to us and his mother that he wants to come live with my husband ( his father ) and myself. My husband and his ex divorced about 9 years ago and he and I have been married for 5, together for 7. Right after the divorce hubbys ex moved ( with the son ) across the...

Choosing where you live at 13? [ 3 Answers ]

Okay. My Cousin Has the Worst mom ever. Im serious. Shehas 6 children and all of them Are infested with lice Except harely Because She Goes and Mows Lawns For 5 dollars And Buys lice shampoo for herself. Here mom Now bands her From keeping the money. And She's not allowed to wear makeup Shave...

View more questions Search