Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paratroopusa Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2004, 05:41 PM
    Encarta IE Script Error
    I am using Win XP on a brand new machine with lots of memory and large gig hard drive. I just purchased MS Encarta Encyclopedia and loaded it correctly. However, whenever I point and click in the program I get the IE Script Error message. I've tried various desktop settings but nothing helps.
    happylady Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2004, 11:16 PM
    Re: Encarta IE Script Error
    ::)You may have the wrong version of MS Encarta Encyclopedia for XP. You can have your computer check it out to see if it is the right version before you install it. There is a program on your computer to do this. You have a help and support to go to, to find what I am talking about. If not contact me again and I will try and find it for you. I had to check out an old version of a program to see if it would run on XP when I had a lot of 98 versions to see if they would run on computer after buying the new XP computer. It is also possible you have a Office XP version instead of Home XP Version which could make the difference. :)Keep smiling!
    psi42 Posts: 599, Reputation: 13

May 2, 2004, 01:53 AM
    Encarta IE Script Error
    ... Please post the exact error message.

:)

~psi42
    freckles22 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2005, 04:54 PM
    IE script error Encarta 2
    I am also using XP, and prior to getting online my Encarta worked wonderfully, now that I have service pack 2, and media player 10, my Encarta gets constant script errors and you cannot see the picture. Someone please help, I am losing my mind. :mad:

the exact error :

an error has occurred on this script
    Line: 1254
    Char:2
    Error: object doesn't support this property or method.
    Code: 0
    URL:msencxml://content/761576004?display=artbody&jump=p53&mark=53&masterw nd=1639106&connect=1&relarts=1

It asks if you want to continue to run script on this page?

I answer YES, and if you try to scroll down, there are more script errors, BUT... only on the ones with PICTURES/ GRAPHICS.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Script error [ 1 Answers ]

I have downloaded file to my documents to solve a script error but cannot seem to install it to where it is required(internet explorer), can anybody help this confused idiot. Thank you :confused:

Explorer Script Error [ 6 Answers ]

I have just started getting this annoying window appearig very frequently that says "Windows Explorer Script Error" and words to the effect "Do you want to keep running scripts on this page".. not all have the same error there are several different errors. It seems to only happen on certain...

Internet Explorer Script Error [ 1 Answers ]

My emails are not printing in OutLook Express. A line 1344 is noted.

Win XP IE Boot up Error with script [ 2 Answers ]

I receive this error message when booting up. I ignore it and everything seems to work, but I'd like to get this fixed. Any assistance with this error: http://search.aol.com/aolcom/search?invocationType=TB20&query=%7BD30C1661-CDAF-11D0-8A3E-00C04FC9E26E%7D& Obviously it has something to...

Internet explorer script error [ 2 Answers ]

How to get rid of the error? It always appear on my screen every time I view something? Do I need to upgrade something? Anybody help please. Sorry wrong category again.

View more questions Search