Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Michelle1128 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2010, 01:04 AM
    Am I married
    Was married in ARkansas. But was a residence of Minnesota.I do not know if my marriage license was ever filed. And it has an error on it. It state Minnesoto instead of Minnesota
    rebeccahstrean Posts: 165, Reputation: 9

Nov 2, 2010, 09:19 AM
    Yes you are married you just need to go to the courts and get that fixed.
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Nov 2, 2010, 01:10 PM

Yes you are married... are you happy or sad to find that out?
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Nov 3, 2010, 07:05 AM

How long ago did the wedding take place?

Did you receive a Certificate of Marriage through the mail?

If yes, then you are legally married.

If no, contact the county in Arkansas where you were married and/or the Arkansas department of vital records to see if the license was properly filed and to request a copy of the Certificate.

Do you have a copy of the license? It should have the county on it if you don't remember.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 3, 2010, 03:33 PM

If you have a marriage license ( sounds like you do, since you say it has state misspelled. But a simple spelling error makes no difference, and I doubt they will even correct it.

The pastor normally sends it to the court house within 30 days of his signing it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

File married filing jointly or separately, just married [ 1 Answers ]

My wife and I got married in October 2008. I was living in Louisiana and her in Virginia. We now both live in Virginia. Our salaries and investments etc. vary greatly. Should we file married and jointly or separately?

How to win the heart of a married man.who said he wasn't married anymore. [ 21 Answers ]

I hope someone can help. I met this man and he swept me off my feet.I have not been on a date in 2 years. The night I met him we stayed together until 4:30 in the morning. On the dance floor we started kissing, I never did that in my life. He asked me to go out with him on the following wed...

View more questions Search