Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jrgm13 Posts: 37, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2010, 07:15 PM
    Jrgm13
    My wife has a life insurance policy on me with a 2 year suicide clause... I'm a marijuana felon... if I use a firearm to commit suicide at the local veterans administration because they have no record of my medical injury and are going to garnish my social security disability for a medical bill... will my wife still be able to collect because I'd be a felon with a firearm... I plan on harming no one else... just make a point??
    Should have gone to canada instead of boot camp in 1968.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 1, 2010, 07:26 PM

Most life insurance will not pay if the death was a result of a criminal act. So my opinion they will not pay.

And let me see you are dead, the news paper will only talk about your criminal past, drug use and make you look at a bad guy. ( oh yea that is really teaching them)
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 1, 2010, 07:27 PM

Most life insurance will not pay if the death was a result of a criminal act. So my opinion they will not pay.

And let me see you are dead, the news paper will only talk about your criminal past, drug use and make you look at a bad guy. ( oh yea that is really teaching them)

And then some poor min wage hourly worker will have to clean up the blood
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 1, 2010, 08:22 PM

Interesting twist to this story.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/crimin...on-522053.html
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Nov 2, 2010, 05:24 AM

As far as I know, most insurance policies will not pay for suicides, period. There's actually a clause in most of them that null and voids the entire policy in case of suicide.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search