Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mdpeclipse Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2007, 11:57 PM
    The Air Climber
    Recently I watched an infomercial about an exercise device called the "airclimber" (AirClimber Fitness System. Has anyone here used it and I would be interested in opinions about it. Thanks
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jan 4, 2007, 03:47 AM
    I googled it and do not find any reputable sites giving reviews of it... so I would be hesitant.
    NikkiNewman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2007, 03:15 PM
    I have not used the new AirClimber. However, about 15 years ago Brenda Dygraf (the inventor of the AirClimber) had an almost identical product on the market called the Stair Climber Plus. The two products are the same except the newer version has a calorie counter on it. I even noticed that she uses some of the same moves in the new workout routine. I LOVED using the Stair Climber Plus. The only problem I ever had was that the nob which allows you to control the tension broke off after awhile so I had to use a pair of pliers to adjust the tension. I stopped using it for awhile because I got interested in some other forms of exercise and it eventually got thrown out. But I plan on buying the AirClimber! I was really excited when I saw the infomercial for it.
    Julie - San Diego Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2007, 08:02 PM
    Hi There,

I actually used the Air Climber and loved it. I was part of the test group that tried this product for eight weeks. We worked out with the Air Climber (4 times a week) and went by the diet that comes with the machine. It was great! I lost 16 pounds in 8 weeks and went down two sizes. The key to this is commitment. If you commit, then this product is a great product to use for your commitment. The exercise video that comes with it is really great. It really helps you tone up. You do burn a lot of calories on this machine. I've tried many exercise machines and this one really worked for me. I used to give up after a week when I'd try things and I decided to do the whole eight weeks to see if it would work. I lost 6 pounds and three inches in my waist the first 10 days.

Like I said before, if you commit yourself and give yourself a good two months to do this, this product will work! It's a great cardio work out and when you use the resistance bands, it great for toning.

J
    newfiesrule Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2007, 10:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mdpeclipse
    Recently i watched an infomercial about an exercise device called the "airclimber" (AirClimber Fitness System. has anyone here used it and i would be interested in opinions about it. thanks
    I'm still waiting for my new Air Climber that I ordered over a month ago. It was on back order for almost 3 weeks but finally I received an e-mail that it was shipped out Feb 1. There was nothing said about what method of shipping was used nor was there a tracking number. I called customer service and they said it was shipped FedEx-Smart Post and they would e-mail me a tracking number soon. After a few days, I called back again and asked for a tracking number and they said no can do because it was shipped via USPS. Like duh..? I know USPS uses Delivery Confirmation which at least lets you know when it's delivered. I had to argue for the DC# and she finally gave it to me. She kept saying it's not a tracking number.. well of course I know that but being as I'm out of town for awhile at least I can check online if it has been delivered yet. I order a lot of stuff online and most will ship heavier ticket items via UPS or FedEx - and always with a tracking number. For a $20 ship fee and the weight of the item, I was a little surprised it was shipped via post office. I'm glad I also included my p.o. box number along with my street address when I filled out my shipping info. If you live very rural and receive all your mail at a p.o.b number, make sure to include it along with your physical address - you just never know which method of shipping they'll use. I sure hope I receive it soon - I'm so anxious to try it out! It looks like a great little exercise machine! I'll post an update later.
    research5 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2007, 06:05 AM
    Brenda may be on the infomercial but is not the inventor. You can look up the patent office to find out for yourself.
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Feb 15, 2007, 06:10 AM
    It's walking that doesn't hurt your feet. A good pair of sneakers will do the same thing.
    newfiesrule Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2007, 02:08 PM
    I just received my Air Climber - and I LOVE it!! It's a neat little exercise machine, compact, lightweight but very sturdy. Also love the fact it came completely assembled! I did about 7 min. to start and I can feel the effectiveness, believe me. Great machine for the money!
    aabme Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2007, 12:46 PM
    About 17 yrs. Ago Bruce Jenner had what I believe was the 1st stair climber introduced via infomercials. It was very successful. I purchased and it looks very similar to this recent one I have seen advertised in that it uses compressed air for resistance and easy to move around to exercise in whatever room you choose. I really liked the one from the early 90's but have not been able to pull up any info. On this newer version of a similar machine. I actually wore the one I had out over time and when I wanted to purchase another one they were no longer being produced. Bruce's group and manufacturer went on to make a different type climber and the air type one went out of production. I did like it but don't know about this new version that seems to be similar. Guess we'll need to hear from people as they purchase it and see what they say. Does anyone else remember the Bruce Jenner one from the 90's? He really started the whole infomercial business with it. It was very big.
    sweetsmartnsimple Posts: 14, Reputation: 5

Mar 4, 2007, 09:25 PM
    I just got mine about a week ago and it's great! Lots of good tips in the manual and my favorite thing is Brenda Dygraf is a VERY good instructor, just when you think you can't do anymore she's got a fantastic way of encouraging you! I also should add if you're not someone who works out like at all (like me) you might wanna try doing it every other day, i find i need a day or so to repair but i'm just getting use to it. It's simple yet effective and there's no complicated steps! I hope this helps you :D
    klhayes Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2007, 05:09 PM
    I saw the infomercial and am very interested in purchasing it. Sounds like those of you who have it love it! But I might hold off and wait for it to reach retail stores and see if the price goes down. I wonder how soon Walgreens will be selling it?

For those who did order it through the website, did it come UPS, USPS, or FedEx? If the virtue of patience is fleeting (and it usually is), I may just break down and buy it right now.
    sweetsmartnsimple Posts: 14, Reputation: 5

Mar 5, 2007, 08:07 PM
    I think it came by UPS but I got it sent to work so I didn't sign for it... I did get it fairly fast though, if you want to lose weight I'd just get it now! Hope this helps :)

Mar 5, 2007, 08:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetsmartnsimple
    I think it came by UPS but i got it sent to work so i didn't sign for it... I did get it fairly fast though, if you wanna lose weight i'd just get it now! Hope this helps :)

Thanks!. Then I will have it sent to work as well. I'm pretty happy with my weight, I just want to fix some trouble areas and prevent a future weight problem. I also need to do aerobics (regardless of weight, aerobics is an important part of a fitness routine). This piece of equipment makes aerobics look so fun and I dread aerobics, so this might be what I need!
    prowster Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2007, 12:19 PM
    I purchased it and DO NOT recommend buying it for the following reasons.. I got the air climber last week. When I opened the box, small black plastic pieces came out with it. I later realized they were from the foot peddles, they had cracked and where falling apart. The whole thing is pretty much plastic, it looks really cheap and doesn’t look like it would last very long. I read the instructions on how to get started. Mine would fill up with air the first time, but once you stepped on it, it would not inflate again, so I was getting nowhere. I tried to call the Customer Service number (which is not toll free) and kept getting the message that “do to large call volumes I needed to call back later”. I finally called the Spanish Customer Service number and got right threw. She said to send it back and they would credit me once they receive it, I told her it was defective and I didn’t feel I should have to pay to send it back. She said I would need to pay to send it back if I wanted to get my money back. If you do need to send it back for any reason, the warrantee states that “If Warranty service is necessary, the original purchase must pack the product securely and send it postage paid with a description of the defect, proof of purchase, and a check or money order for $19.99 to cover return postage and handling to the following address.” What a crock! I would not waste your money on this piece of junk.
    susll Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2007, 01:29 PM
    The Air Climber has been the best thing that has come into my life. I lost 10lbs in the first 2 weeks... oh yeah I'm hooked... the Airclimber can go wherever I go... to the Gym, Parents House, Vacation…It's like a new found love that's always going to be there and help me with my weight issue. I find that I can't wait to go home and workout with my AirClimber. Now 25lbs gone!
    Gena

Apr 2, 2007, 04:19 PM
    I purchased my air climber recently and love it! It is really sturdy and I can feel my thighs burn, my lower abs tighten, and my heart rate goes up. My knees don't hurt and I can do it in front of the TV. I am not overweight as I previously stated, so no claims of weight loss, but it's a fun aerobic activity that is doable for me. One thing: If you don't have good balance, have a wall or chair behind you like the manual says. I have decent balance but still have to be aware of it and any movement gets me off balance. You could look at it as using your core muscles to balance, but if you don't have good balance you could fall off. I asked about shipping before and I had it rush ordered and it got sent to me USPS, so just consider how you want it shipped. So far, so good.
    Newbie07 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2007, 07:56 PM
    I have been ordered theairclimber since last Friday. After three days I receipt the first email they sent to me that noticed the product in processing. And two days later receipt other email that they shipped the product which is no informations about shipping methods. The day after I have to sent email to ask about the shipping method or any tracking numbers but I have no answers for this kind of questions. It have been over one week now and I purchased theairclimber with rush ordered was $35( $25 for the shipping + $10 rush) I wonder anyone in here had ordered this one for how long it support to ship thank you

Apr 19, 2007, 08:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Newbie07
    I have been ordered theairclimber since last friday. After three days i reciept the first email they sent to me that noticed the product in processing. And two days later reciept other email that they shipped the product which is no informations about shipping methods. The day after i have to sent email to ask about the shipping method or any tracking numbers but i have no answers for this kind of questions. It have been over one week now and i purchased theairclimber with rush ordered was $35( $25 for the shipping + $10 rush) I wonder anyone in here had ordered this one for how long it support to ship thank you

I Rush ordered mine and it took a little over a week to get it. If you rush ordered it, it should come USPS.
    Newbie07 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2007, 08:48 PM
    I got theairclimber after two week shipping. From what I was trying to do some exercise on this product which is not good as what they describe for losing weight or theairclimber just really suck and not so much to do with exercise. After all I do not recommand buying this product. Period. It not worth the money and time once again do not waste your money on this piece of junk. Period.
    Ducatielle Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

May 8, 2007, 03:17 PM
    Comment on NikkiNewman's post
    I liked the background information included with a previous version.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Difference between true air speed and equivalent air speed [ 4 Answers ]

What is the difference between the two and when an aircraft is flying at altitude what is its actual speed

Air conditioner condenser air temp [ 7 Answers ]

I was wondering if the temp coming form the outdoor condenser should be really warm, like that coming out of a furnace, or just mildly warm, like around 90. Does the temp coming out have anything to do with performance or cost? I ask this because I live in an apartment, and the downstairs...

Day & Night forced air heater keeps blowing cold air [ 1 Answers ]

Yesterday my heater was working as normal. Today I replaced the filter in my Day & Night forced air heater. Later I bumped my thermostat when walking by it, but I'm not certain that this caused the problem. My heater turned on and blew hot air. I turned it all the way down, but the fan...

View more questions Search