Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nancyehubbard Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2010, 01:35 PM
    Can ss disability be levied for student loan debt that was discharged in bankruptcy
    In September 2010 I was approved for SS Disability benefits. In October I received my first benefit check of $809.00. I also received a letter stating in December 2010 the Treasury Department would begin taking 15% of the benefit check for student loan debt that was discharged in bankruptcy in 1988. This is my only income and I have a daughter who is 18 in college and still living at home, although she stays in a dorm at college during the week. Is there anything that can be done to stop the levy?

Check out some similar questions!

Is a 1975 student loan discharged in bankruptcy collectible? [ 1 Answers ]

I defaulted on a student loan in 1975 and it was discharged in bankruptcy somewhere between 1978 and 1979 or 80. Can this loan be found out and collected if I should apply to FAFSA for a grant to go to vocational school?

A debt wasn't discharged with bankruptcy? How do I get it discharged? [ 17 Answers ]

I was sued by a lawyer representing a major bank. In 2008 my chapter 7 was discharged, but the debt with the bank wasn't because they said I committed fraud. I didn't go to court to battle this out-being I represented myself. Now I'm scheduled to go to general sessions court for this same debt...

Student Loan Debt Relief after Bankruptcy [ 2 Answers ]

What relief is there for student loan debt? I filed bankruptcy in 2004, however student loan debt is not included in this in the US, to my knowledge. It is in forebearance for the time being, however this will come due. Any ideas?

Surrender of a Mobile Home when the loan was discharged under chaper 7 bankruptcy. [ 5 Answers ]

I have a question regarding bankruptcy and the surrender of property. Back in 2003 my wife and I refinanced our mobile home with Chase. In June of 2004 we had to file bankruptcy, and received a discharge from the court. Soon after the discharge we received a notification that 21st mortgage...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.