Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Specialcase6 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2010, 12:48 PM
    I had a scary dream looking for answers.
    I had a dream that, I was sitting in the back seat of a white truck. My eldest son's father was driving (he an I don't get along too well).
    I can not picture who was in the passenger seat. But out of nowhere he began to swerve out of control, we then flipped over into a large body of water upside down. I panicked, trying to get out of the car that was rapid filling up with water. I was so scared I woke up. I was searching for an answer or clue to help me understand.

Enigma1999 Posts: 2,223, Reputation: 1077
    Welbeing Expert

Nov 1, 2010, 01:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Specialcase6 View Post
    I had a dream that, I was sitting in the back seat of a white truck. My eldest son's father was driving (he an I don't get along too well).
    I can not picture who was in the passenger seat. But out of nowhere he began to swerve out of control, we then flipped over into a large body of water upside down. I panicked, tryin to get out of the car that was rapid filling up with water. I was so scared I woke up. I was searching for an answer or clue to help me understand.
    Do you have any stress in your life?

How is your relationship with your son?

Did you recently watch a movie with drowning in it or a car accident?
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Nov 2, 2010, 08:40 PM

You were in the back seat, behind, or in a lower place of importance, than the driver, and his passenger.

The driver was out of control, and caused an accident which likely caused the ultimate control over you- the loss of your life.

You could be seeing him in the extreme way to what he is in real life. Putting himself first, being incompetent, or perhaps reckless with his life, or yours and/or your son's. Lacking control over himself, and instead controlling the fate and lives of others.

You not sitting in the primary, or equal seat up front, means your place is clearly defined in his eyes. Not held with any particular regard or esteem, to either your person, or your safety.

The fear could have been made worse because he may not be the type of man who would save you first, but rather he'd scramble to the top, and then blame you for the accident in the first place.

Just guessing here, but you know him better than I do.

Is he a controlling influence in your life?
    eokhuijzen Posts: 33, Reputation: 4

Nov 12, 2010, 04:02 AM
    I am a therapist and my specialty is in dreams. There is no scientific proof as to what dreams mean. However, we do know that dreams are our subconcious trying to tell us something. What this sounds like is like you feel at some loss of control in your life with the father. Think of what that may be

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Scary dream that came true. [ 24 Answers ]

About 3 nights ago I had a dream about this guy who I knew when I was a kid. He's four years older than me so we weren't really friends but I was around him when I was younger. I haven't actually spoken to him in about six years and I haven't seen him in about a year. So 3 nights ago I had a dream...

Never sleep late to dream, the dream. Always wake up early to live the dream. [ 0 Answers ]

I wanted to know who said or wrote the saying? Never sleep later to dream, the dream. Always wake up early to live the dream. Or, Idon't sleep late to dream, the dream. I wake up live the dream.

About scary dream [ 3 Answers ]

2night a go I was dream,about I am taking minibus go somewhere else but I don't know the place,in the minibus just only me,when I ask the driver he just look at me and no word,and when I ask where this place he just drop me,and there no body ,the place only have very big tree and so dark... and...

Suggestions for scary movies;'proper' scary [ 18 Answers ]

Hi, I've been looking for a really scary movie - really scary, the kind that you can't sleep for days(or maybe just one day.. ) after watching. I haven't really watched many but I've realized that most of which I watch are more.. well, funny than scary. So, I'd really like suggestions for...

View more questions Search