Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tlr11 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2010, 12:09 PM
    Who do I pay my rent to during a short sale?
    Im a tenant in a Home that's been put on the market for a 'short sale'. I need to know what my rights are, Also Who is responsible for my rent, the Owner, the Rental Agency, or the Bank?
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Nov 1, 2010, 12:45 PM
    As far as your rights, read this sticky note near the top of this sub-forum.

Quote Originally Posted by tlr11 View Post
    ... Also Who is responsible for my rent, the Owner, the Rental Agency, or the Bank?
    You are. Do you mean to whom are you responsible to pay the rent? Normally, you would pay it to the rental agency, or the owner directly (depending on what your lease says), until the short sale has actually closed and you are notified. Then you would pay the new owner.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can an owner collect rent from a tenent that is buying the house in short sale [ 5 Answers ]

If an owner has stopped paying their mortgage and their short sale has been approved , can they collect rent from me if I'm also the buyer? (California)

Do I still pay rent while my landlord is doing a short sale? [ 3 Answers ]

At first she told me she was trying to do a house modification, she didn't really tell me nothing in details. She brought her agent to the house and told me that she could pay the house payments nomore so she told me I had to go, she also told me she was trying to do a shprt sale, and was going to...

Short Sale in CA is getting messy, rent issues! [ 3 Answers ]

I signed a lease and rented a house in April 2009. In July, the landlord called and asked me to start paying less rent because she was short selling the house and wanted me to show it for her. Since I agreed and did so, she said I broke the lease... and I am now on a "month to month" a little...

View more questions Search