Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    broomkey Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 31, 2010, 11:34 PM
    Trying to log on to 192.168.0.1?
    Have set up my Tenga router on my desktop successfully. Now want to set up my laptop to receive internet. Have typed in 192.168.0.1 (am using Google) and have been told to find MENU and SETTINGS but all I get are various help sites?? Can anyone help? Thanks.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 1, 2010, 03:50 AM

First you need to type that as an address, not a search. In the Address bar of your browser type:
    http:\\192.168.0.1

But you shouldn't even need to do that to get the laptop connected. Is it a wireless router or are you wiring the laptop to the router? What OS are you running?

Nov 1, 2010, 05:24 PM
    Hi thanks for reply. I also tried typing in http address but I still come up with a huge list of sites all of which are help sites. I have wired in my router to my desktop computer and now as far as I understand (which isn't a great deal!! ) I have to do a WiFi set up to my laptop. My laptop has asked me to diagnose my internet connection and then prompted me to connect to Tenda automatically. Should I take this step?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 1, 2010, 05:32 PM

Like I said you shouldn't need to configure the router. Did you assign an SSID to it?

Nov 1, 2010, 05:47 PM
    Now you are going beyond my scope and I can totally understand if you want to give up on me.. I followed the basic prompts using the set up wizard that came with the router and put in a password when asked. The wizard took me as far as connecting the router and I thought that would be all but as I said when I tried to login to my laptop internet it prompts me to diagnose connection problems. My desktop runs Windows XP and my laptop runs WIndows 7 basic.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trying to access D-Link Router setup address; 192.168.0.1 [ 30 Answers ]

I Have A D-link Di 524, and I cannot access 192.168.0.1. What Can I Do?

192.168.0.1 [ 2 Answers ]

I have a dlinkwbr-2310 router.When my router and comtrend modem are connected directly,I no longer have internet access on my home computer.As soon as I unplug router from modem,it's back.dlink tech support couldn't help as well as my isp tech support.What do I do next?

192.168.0.1 [ 15 Answers ]

I need my password.

Can't log into 192.168.0.1 [ 4 Answers ]

I have a netgear WGR614v7 router. I am trying to log into 192.168.0.1 but keep getting a message that indicates a wrong user name and/or password. I reset my modem and re-entered user name = admin and password = password, as well as 1234. What can I do?

How to get into 192.168.0.1? [ 4 Answers ]

I've just bought a phone adaptor Cisco/Linksys SPA2102. It requires that I go online and type Index of / and follow the instructions. Unfortunately my browser rejects my request, saying that the link seems to be broken. I don't know what that means and I don't know how to get into that 192.168.0.1....

View more questions Search