Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    qsxd37 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 31, 2010, 05:27 PM
    How to identify bath tub faucet stem seat size?
    I tried to replace my leaky bath tub faucet. When I removed the stem, I didn't see any stem seat. I think previous owner in my house didn't properly install stem seat.

Is there some way to identify the size of stem stem seat? I tried 7/16 inch one but it seems too small. When I tried 1/2 inch 20 thread one, it wasn't going in. Either thread is not correct or size is too big I guess.

What other sizes should I try?

Thanks.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Oct 31, 2010, 07:50 PM
    The best bet is to remove the other side seat and then you could match it up with one at a plumbing supply. What is the brand of faucet? If it is a well known brand, you might find one at HD or Lowe's

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bath tub faucet [ 7 Answers ]

We cut off water supply for a couple of hours due to remodeling. We also took out the hot water heater. We turned the water back on and have cold water in every room except the bath tub. We have replaced the filter. When we removed the spout water is definitely coming through the pipes, but when we...

Diverter stem installation - three handle shower & tub faucet [ 4 Answers ]

The house is well over 25 years of age and I have replaced both hot and cold water valves and tub faucet without removal of bath and shower stall tiles - still look good. Purchased a diverter stem (Galtmaster tub and shower models - 1963 to 65). With the old diverter I would turn clockwise to have...

Bath Tub Faucet seat [ 1 Answers ]

How do I replace a tub faucet seat in which the hex head is stripped out?

View more questions Search