Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    beachyone Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Oct 31, 2010, 03:58 PM
    How long does it take for a stoved finger to heal?
    How long does it take for a stoved finger to heal?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Oct 31, 2010, 04:16 PM

Terminology is either stoved, or jammed, either way it is quite painful and should be exercised to the point of pain. Depending on the severity of the injury (have you had it xrayed?), probably need a splint. Can't tell you how long it will take it to heal, I would suggest using it as much as possible to keep the joint open.

Tick
    Expert

Oct 31, 2010, 04:19 PM

You orther posts seem to indicate a lot of different ailments in your family. Do you not have a regular doctor to access with your medical problems. We are not here to diagnose.

Tick
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Oct 31, 2010, 06:39 PM

Tick I agree. In high school; football I stoved the first knuckle of my little finger on my right hand and it is still twice the regular size, although I can move it.

Stringer
    beachyone Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2010, 05:10 AM
    Comment on tickle's post
    :) Yes we do have a lot of ailments, having 3 kids all in very competitive sports, injuries are very common in the house. And yes I do have a regular doctor, and we are there a lot, thought I see what other who have had this injury have to say!
    Expert

Nov 1, 2010, 07:27 AM

A stoved finger is very rarely put in a cast. You just have to grin and bear it.
    blondie19 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2011, 09:03 PM
    There reallly isn't a time or date that a stoved finger can heal. All you need to do is keep using it to keep the painful joint open.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How long does it take 4 belly piercing to heal? [ 2 Answers ]

Some people are telling me to wait 4-6 weeks to take out the belly ring and put in a new 1 and some people are saying wait 6 months so which one is it?

How long does a Broken Ankle take to heal? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I broke my Ankle in January 2009, both of the bones and had an operation and got nine screws put in and I finally got a job and during the day it swells up, but on the next morning it is a lot better, any advise what I can do to make it better, besides not walking, I have a job where I sit...

How long for bone graft to heal? [ 8 Answers ]

At the beginning of April, I had a tooth extracted and a bone graft done, so that I can have an implant done later in the year. Now, the gum has healed up well, the stitches are out, but it is still sore when you press on it, and I feel as if there is less there than around it. Will the bone...

How Long To Heal? [ 1 Answers ]

How long does it take to heal from a broken shoulder? How long does it take to recover from a collarbone fracture? Clavicle fractures should heal completely within 12 weeks, but the pain usually subsides within a few weeks. Often patients are back to full activities before 12 weeks has passed,...

View more questions Search