Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BankRuptFl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 31, 2010, 08:05 AM
    Bankruptcy is better before or after my Conference/Mediation for credit card debt?
    I am going to file for bankruptcy and have to go to a pretrail conference/mediation tomorrow. If possible would it be better for me to file before the hearing, or does it not make any difference? If I file after the pretrail will it make things more difficult for me? If so how so?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 31, 2010, 08:21 AM

If you file before, it saves you the trouble of the hearing

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What to do in a mediation for credit card debt [ 2 Answers ]

I was served with a lawsuit by one of the big banks out there for a credit card debt. Now, I'm a year and two months into a debt settlement program with a company, and they have tried to negotiate with the lawyers for the bank with no luck. I was told they want to settle at $700/month and want the...

Credit card debt court ordered mediation [ 1 Answers ]

I have two cases brought against me that is going to court ordered mediation. I only work 14 hours a week and make little money. My husband supports us. As the cards are in my name only, I am wondering if I should take my name off our joint checking account and open my own so they can't take all...

Pre Trial Mediation for credit card debt [ 2 Answers ]

I had to return to SA as my Mom passed away in 2002 to sort out her estate.I was away for a while and tried to keep up all my payments, however I could not manage.My last payment on my Providian credit card was in July 2003. It's now 5 years later and I have a pre trial mediation dropped on my...

View more questions Search