Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    katlinlopez Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 31, 2010, 05:05 AM
    I live with someone who makes me very unhappy
    We have three wonderful children. I am scare to separate from him even thought I had divorced him several years ago, but never leave the house neither none of us. He spend hours in front of the TV.. while I was crying on bed about my situation.

He doesn't take me out at all. He is not interesting in any holiday. He do not smoke, drink or go out on his own. He is always at home and that makes me feel guilty and ending thinking that I am the problem. He never takes the children at the park or Local church. He keeps saying that he will go and he never leaves.

I have fallen in terrible depression and there were time that I do not want to leave as I am a coward to allow myself leaving as I am living now. I have put weight from size 10 to 22 living with him and he keeps saying that I am pretty. THERE ARE TIMES that I Hate him very much and others that I can not live with out him. He is my sweet heart and he is not violence. What I mean is that there is not social excuses to leave the house.

I hide myself in the toilet to cry and cry. I can not remember when was the last time I was very Happy. Where can I get the strength to be brave and begging a fresh start with my children?? I pray everyday.! I am trap in unwanted place. Please help with advice.

Thanks katy
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Oct 31, 2010, 05:54 AM

You definitely sound trapped and depressed. Why didn't you move out when you originally divorced him?

Do you have a job?

If you really are fearful of moving, it's possible that you have an anxiety/depression disorder. Why not see a counselor to try and get to the bottom of it and find out what you really fear?
    pandead Posts: 280, Reputation: 228

Oct 31, 2010, 07:10 AM

It is a good enough reason to leave the house if you are unhappy. Why would you inflict this to yourself? Are you financially dependent?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 31, 2010, 07:18 AM

You need to develop your own life, you go to the park with the kids, you go to church with the kids, and if you are unhappy, you go to a new house or apartment with the kids, it may take that to wake him up, he fells at this point that you won't do anything and he is happy with life his way
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 31, 2010, 09:27 AM

Do you both work? That's your key is to work, and make yourself independent, and give him an official notice to vacate the premises. And call a cop if he doesn't.

You can pray all you want, but have to take actions on your behalf that work for you.

Who's house is it anyway? Find the reason to leave the house yourself, and make friends to talk to so you are NOT isolated, and alone. That's where love, and support comes from, friends, and family. Where is YOUR family?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why does my boyfriend not want me to live with him when logically it makes sense? [ 10 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been together for two years, both live in the same city and ardently love each other. With that being said, I'm really confused right now about the living situation. Im at a new university across the city so I can't live with my family anymore and have to move into a new...

Two poor sisters live in the woods.one sister makes her clothes to try to fit in [ 1 Answers ]

The movie I'm trying to find out is about two sisters who live in a house in the woods by water. They are poor and one sister tries to be accepted by making her own clothes and to look better at school. The other sister doesn't try or seem to care. I think the sister who tries to fit in leaves home.

I have a fried who swears he makes 250K. How do I find out how much he really makes? [ 12 Answers ]

:D I have a friend who swears he makes 250K. How do I find out how much he really makes?

My boyfriend never makes the first move and makes a lot of excuses about sex [ 14 Answers ]

Well I am a recovered sex addict and I have some emotional issues as well but sex if very important to me and my boyfriend and me never have sex anymore I don't remember the last time we even were intimate sometimes if I start touching on him he will normally just jerk off to finish and its so...

View more questions Search