Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CurtimusMaximus Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2010, 08:17 AM
    10 hp briggs and stratton generator will not start.
    I own a 10 hp briggs and stratton generator that will not start. I cannot pull the cord to start it. I haven't used it in two years. It was stored in a dry 14' cube van with all my power tools. Any ideas?
    BertVR Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2010, 01:11 PM
    Pull the plug and spray inside combustion chamber with a suitable penitrating oil such as wd40. Use enough to ensure that all the cylinder wall is penitrated. Let it sit overnight and try pulling cord without installing plug. If unseized install plug and start engine. Works for me on many different gass engines.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

10HP Briggs and Stratton Generator Engine [ 24 Answers ]

Hi Guys, Recently, I was using my Generac 5550 generator with a 10HP Briggs & Stratton OHV, model 204412, Type 0142 engine, and it started running rough and puffing black smoke. So I bought the repair manual. Took everything apart to the piston, cleaned the carbon off the pistons and...

Briggs and stratton generator replacement repair manual [ 1 Answers ]

How do you separate the generator shaft from the motor on a briggs 6.5 hp

10 hp Briggs & Stratton generator - no spark [ 2 Answers ]

Have a 2006 Briggs & Stratton 5550 generator 10hp overhead cam with an intermittent starting problem. It will start good 2 or 3 times in a row and then won't at all. Was using for 30 hrs recently. Shut it down to change oil. There's no spark now as in the past under a no start situation. ...

Briggs & Stratton 10 HP OHV Generator Engine runs rough [ 3 Answers ]

I have a portable generator with a Briggs & Stratton 10HP OHV engine. I store it for months at a time and then add just enough gas to run if for about an hour until it runs out of gas. After two years the engine now runs rough. I have to leave the run/choke switch almost on full choke to keep the...

View more questions Search