Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brooke1979 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2010, 12:56 PM
    Can a child get part of the monthly benefits when a parent recivies RSDI disibility?
    Have more to say? Add details here. You can also upload images, video, add hyperlinks to enrich your question.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Oct 29, 2010, 01:19 PM

Yes. The parent who receives the Disability payment may go to the Social Security office and sign that child up to receive their own monthly check. A birth certificate is needed to do this.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Step parent must pay child support when biological parent is unable to provide [ 2 Answers ]

My ex-husband is claiming that he does not have to pay child support because he does not work and has not work since 1998. Our two daughters however, up until 2 years ago lived with him and his new wife who is the sole provider of that family. So my question is even though he cannot pay since he...

Child live with cutodial parent, now lives with noncustodial parent child is 18 years [ 1 Answers ]

Child lived with custodial parent, now lives with noncustodial parent, child is 18 years old. What happens to child support?

Welfare fraud parent collects benefits while child is not in the home [ 2 Answers ]

I know of someone that is committing welfare fraud by collecting wic foodstamps and aid for housing by using their child. However they are not even raising the child. Also, the mother has claimed that the father has abandoned them so the state will be going after him for child support even though...

RSDI under my Parent Social Security [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I have a question? I Have RSDI insurance under my father's and since RSDI is NOT SSI am I entitled the same rights under SDI? Since the federal Government have 2 parts of Social Security?

View more questions Search