Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tmeunknown Posts: 44, Reputation: 0

Oct 28, 2010, 11:16 AM
    Are the laws of physics applicable to everything?
    The physics we know today have been applied to almost anything and have not proven faulty, but these laws have only been applied to things in our own knowledge. If the laws of physics are different in other areas, what things would need to change for that to happen?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Oct 28, 2010, 02:22 PM

I think really your question isthis: do the laws of physics apply everywhere in the universe in the same way as they do here on Earth? For example, does Newton's 3rd Law apply on the surface of Pluto? In reality no one truly knows, as no one has been to Pluto to check. However, to date there is no evidence that uniformity is not the case, and so scientists have a belief that the universe behaves in a consistent way everywhere. And the fact that we can send probes out past Pluto without them veering wildly off course and the electronic systems on board operate as expected gives credence to this belief - at least as far as the laws of physics applies within our own solar system. Hence we assume that these same laws apply in other soilar systems, and in other galaxies. Observations of stars and galaxies lend credence to this belief, as to date the behavior of stars and galaxies seems pretty consistent no matter which way you look. But this is truly something that can not be proven.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Deductions applicable for F1 to H1 [ 1 Answers ]

I am a resident of India. I was on OPT status from 2nd Oct 2007 to 31st Sept 2008 and then on H1 B from 1st Oct 2008. I work in Texas hence not subjected to state Tax. My earning during my OPT after Fedral Tax cut was - 18000$ From 1st Oct 2008, I was subjected to Fedral, Social, and Medicare...

Breaking laws of physics [ 25 Answers ]

Hi Guys I have done a lot of research on Perpetual Motion and Newton's laws, I have also seen videos on the net of perpetual motion machines is action. Do you guys think it is possible at all although it breaks the laws of physics? Kind Regards Shaun G

When CST is not applicable between states? [ 1 Answers ]

CST is applicable when sales transactions is between states. When CST is not applicable between states?

Taxes applicable for CPT (F-1) [ 5 Answers ]

hey , I am working for a company in Connecticut and I am getting paid 57,000 /yr = $4750 /month Now, how much tax will I have to pay per month ? And I saw somewhere that there will be difference in first and later paychecks, Is it true ? Should I ask my employer to deduct the tax OR I...

View more questions Search