Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rhouse30 Posts: 306, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2010, 05:20 PM
    Reading Glasses
    Does wearing reading glasses not just for reading but for sight does that damage the eyes?
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Oct 29, 2010, 11:33 AM

No, it will not "damage" the eyes but it is not recommended.

You should get to the eye doctor and get glasses. WalMart has some good deals for the test and the glasses.
    rhouse30 Posts: 306, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2010, 08:44 PM
    Reading Glasses
    Why is it not recommended wearing reading glasses for sight for brief periods, when it seems to help my vision well enough. I be in meetings wearing my reading glasses and instead of looking over my glasses, I just look through them.

Thanks in advance.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 29, 2010, 09:28 PM

Who did not recommend it ?
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Nov 5, 2010, 02:37 PM

Why would you want your distance vision to be blurry? Reading glasses won't improve distance vision, this is what bifocals are for.
    Vision Expert

Nov 6, 2010, 03:31 PM

Please do not make two posts on the same topic. Your question will get answered.
    Vision Expert

Nov 6, 2010, 03:35 PM
    <<threads merged>>

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

We Can Get Reading Glasses Without a Prescription. Are There Any for Far Vision? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, All! Okay, I just got some reading glasses. Bought them at Family Dollar for $6.00! They work great! Well, I was wondering that since there are reading glasses that are available over the counter, then are there also those that are for far vision that can be purchased without a...

Can Reading Glasses Be Useful If Used in Conjunction With Contact Lenses? [ 15 Answers ]

Hi, All! Okay, the title is basically my question. To further it, I would like to ask if reading glasses are useful at all for someone who wears contacts when they use the reading glasses while wearing the contact lenses? Thanks!

Reading glasses [ 6 Answers ]

At 46 years old, I still have long distance vision like a hawk. However, reading is another story. I Have to hold a newspaper at least 18 inches from my face to clear the blurryness. This has got increasingly worse in the last 4 years or so. Where is a good place to purchase reading glasses?...

Reading glasses [ 3 Answers ]

I use reading glasses for close reading and don't need far away... would like to get away from them altogether... whats tests are there for that or to tell me I need regular eye glasses

View more questions Search