Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    emily_godzilla Posts: 115, Reputation: 5

Jan 3, 2007, 12:35 PM
    Late period negative tests
    My period is over two weeks late. I have had 5 urine tests and one blood test all negative for pregnancy. We did briefly use the pull out method on nov 26th and dec 1st. My last period was nov 17th or 18th. I just saw the gyn yesterday and they did pee test 5 on me. She said to repeat the pregnancy test in a week. Yesterday they did not use first urine-but I have had so many tests all negative. Is it possible to be pregnant? Also she says she thinks my lack of period is due to weight gain- since I last saw her in April I have gained 28lbs. Now I guess I am at 207. She said any time you are over 200 it can effect your periods. We did have a lot more sex in dec but with a condom after that one time. Should I even bother with another test? I feel tired constantly, crampy the last few days, bloated my brests hurt and I feel sick to my stomach a lot but do not throw up. Could this just be because my period is late and I have pms- or the weight gain? She said if I do not have it in six weeks or a month to come back and she can test my blood-thryoid other things and prescribe something to get my period started. She did not do any bloodwork yesterday. I am worried if this could be cysts, or something serious.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 3, 2007, 01:16 PM
    You should listen to the advice of your doctor. She knows your medical history much better than we do.

So, with that said, I would tend to believe what she said is right on point for you.

Jan 3, 2007, 01:37 PM
    This is only my second time seeing this doc- I do not know her well at all- I went to planned parenthood for years since 1993 but they stopped accepting my medicaid because they said it would no longer pay them.

Jan 4, 2007, 07:57 AM
    Well today I have woke up either with spotting or what I believe is my actual period- so I guess I do not have to take another test after all. Whew, what a relief but geez whiz the cramps are killing me!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 4, 2007, 08:07 AM
    Well, I am glad you finally won the waiting game!!

Sorry about the cramps, some tylenol maybe?
    eternalxgrace Posts: 15, Reputation: 3

Jan 5, 2007, 06:53 PM
    ^_^ or one of those hot patches that u stick on to where the cramps are, I find those help a lot. And last the whole day. I forget what its called, but they're activated by the air when u take them out of the packet and the box is red...
    BABY3 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2008, 01:30 PM
    I've had cyst before and it doesn't keep you from having your period.. maybe they should do a ultrasound... when I was pg w/ my son I found when I was 2 1/2 mo pg because all my home pg test were negative. So be patient...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help Confused Missed Period But negative Test [ 3 Answers ]

Hi there, I am a little concerned (although I probably don’t need to be) and I am keen to hear some opinions from others. My last period started on the 14th November, it is now 45 days later and still no period. My periods normally come about every 30 to 35days(not too sure exactly as I haven’t...

10 day late period but negative pregnancy test [ 5 Answers ]

I am ten days late for my period. It was due dec 17th or 18th. I had gotten them pretty regular the last two months about every 30 days. My boyfriend and I briefly had unprotected sex on Nov 26th and again on dec 26th but he pulled out and was not in there long- also he did not ejaculate. After...

Negative test but late... [ 3 Answers ]

Hello everyone, My husband and have been trying to conceive since may/june 2006, before that I had a miscarriage in April.. My last period was aug 7th and I am a very regular 29 days. Now I am 2- 3 days late . I took a hpt yesterday evening and the results were negative.. In the past month I...

Neg blood tests [ 10 Answers ]

I just thought I would share this information that was shared with me... lol... it's funny how we think that blood tests are the end all for knowing if your pregnant or not. This is another site that has a message board and it is to this board that the like goes too... I hope everyone finds it as...

Help No Period But negative Test< What The? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there, I am a little concerned (although I probably don’t need to be) and I am keen to hear some opinions from others. My last period started on the 14th November, it is now 45 days later and still no period. My periods normally come about every 30 to 35days(not too sure exactly as I haven’t...

View more questions Search