Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    blove805 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2010, 02:23 PM
    Can a homeowner sue another homeowner because of their tenants
    I rent from a home owner. And we been having problems with our neighbor across the street who is a home owner, The police where sent to my residence a couple times due to my mother who is bipolar and is not allowed there any more and for my brother whom was visiting. Now the neighbor across the street wants to sue my landlord if she continues to rent to us. Can they do that?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 26, 2010, 02:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by blove805 View Post
    Can they do that?
    Hello b:

Sure they can. In this great country of ours, anybody can sue anybody for anything. Winning, though, is another matter. If you're not DANGEROUS, they're not going to win. If you are, pack your bags.

excon
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Oct 26, 2010, 02:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by blove805 View Post
    ... Now the neighbor across the street wants to sue my landlord if she continues to rent to us. Can they do that?
    Neighbor can only sucessfully sue if your activities constitute a "nuisance" (a legal term specifically defined by the law of your jurisdiction) and if your state landlord-tenant act, or the terms of your lease, allow your landlord to evict you for conducting such a nuisance.

I suspect your neighbor is making wild threats in the hope of getting rid of you. It's highly unlikely neighbor has a case against your LL.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My liability be as the homeowner? [ 2 Answers ]

I want to put a new roof on my house. I know of a crew of school teachers that do roofs on the side. They do not carry insurance. Would I then become the general contractor and be liable for any damages or leaks? Can I ask them to fix the problem if I knew up front that they didn't carry...

Homeowner Wants Tenant Out! [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Ask Me: I am the sole owner of a home in Philadelphia, PA. who recently broke up with a man that resides there as well. He is unable to pay the mortgage as he promised and it is costing me. How do I evict him legally as he hold no leases agreement or anything?

What are Idaho tenants rights when homeowner wants to sell [ 2 Answers ]

Our homeowner has listed our rented home. Am I forced to show my home and my things to anyone and everyone who wants to see it? Can I refuse without being sued?:mad:

Jacob - New Homeowner [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 220V wash machine that has a three prong plug. The 220V receptacle has four prongs. I chose to change the receptacle rather then the plug, not to lose the warranty. The problem is that I am left with one extra wire that comes to the original four prong receptacle, its either the green or...

Homeowner liability [ 20 Answers ]

As a homeowner renting out a room, can my roommate sue me if she has a slip and fall type accident on my property?

View more questions Search