Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    katfortes Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2010, 11:13 AM
    Core tooth can be seen through new crown
    Hi, Had a new crown fitted on my front tooth today, but I can see my own tooth through the crown.I had a root canal beforehand and I am now very worried that my tooth will turn black and will be seen through the crown.I was not told my new crown would be transparent and I replaced the old crown as it was sticking out far too much only to now worry about this.Is this normal and what should I do ?
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Oct 26, 2010, 02:03 PM
    Definitely let your dentist know that you are not happy with it. Take a photo showing the discolouration to take with you so they can see what you see.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Crown lengthening procedure vs post & core *last molar, right side* [ 3 Answers ]

So not sure where to start. Dentist did an RC. Ground away my tooth (molar). Tells me I need a crown lengthening procedure. I looked into it and saw that most times this is not a necessary procedure. I had a post & core done on a front/top tooth which broke up to the gumline after the first crown...

Should I have my tooth pulled or get a crown [ 3 Answers ]

I need an answer quickly. I have scheduled appt. for 8a.m. tomarrow. I had my wisdom teeth extracted, no problems. Five years later my top upper left back tooth broke. Went to dentist grinded tooth etc. put on crown. Pain so back to dentist sent for root canal on both upper left back teeth....

Crown with a sensitive tooth [ 2 Answers ]

I had a crown put in about 2 months ago, now probably for the last month my tooth has been sensitive to sweets, and hurts when I push on it. What could be the problem:) ?

Tooth broken after the crown [ 7 Answers ]

I put a crown on my upper central incisor but my right tooth got broken and the crown fell down just one week after putting the crown. Whqt shall I do? And how to protect the other one?

Tooth crown pain [ 3 Answers ]

I had a cavity year and half ago and the dentist that I used to go to just looked at it and cleaned the cavity and put some fillings in there. Then when I came back for another checkup, he was start working on the cavity teeth like I needed a root canal and made my teeth short so he can put a...

View more questions Search