Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    imsurroundedbyfish Posts: 101, Reputation: 10

Oct 26, 2010, 08:06 AM
    A bad habit to do with my hair which I need to break!
    I have recently started a really bad habit of rubbing my scalp with the ends of my fingers when I am sitting on a chair. I rest my elbow on the desk and use my hand to support my head (as many people do) but before I know it I'm rubbing my scalp and picking out bits of dandruff. I really want to stop doing this because I'm sure it's damaging my hair. On top of this it looks as though I have headlice, which I don't (though I did and I think I started this habit because I was paranoid about them returning) and by the time I've finished my hair looks like a nest! Please help!
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Oct 26, 2010, 08:36 AM

Maybe if you got rid of the dandruff you would be able to break the habit. And maybe wear your hair back in a ponytail or something so it's harder to mess up.
    Google
    alilhelp.maybe Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Oct 29, 2010, 11:03 PM
    Each time you notice your hand on your head try to think of something else. Try rubbing your temples instead. You'll get a small "reward" from it. (:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

The major bad habit I need to break [ 6 Answers ]

I have been cutting myself for 2 years and recently I went to the hospital for 2 weeks in Oct and have therapy once a week and I take anti depressants I haven't had the urge to cut while I was in the hospital or a few weeks after but I was put in the same setting that I was in where I started...

Bad Biting Habit [ 9 Answers ]

Hello all, Im not sure if this is the right section to be posting this but I am a teen so meh. Well, Ive had this really bad habit for, I think, now 5 years where I chew and bite on the inside of my lower and top lips, and the sides of my cheeks. I do it very often, and Im not sure what causes me...

My daughter is 7 and I can break her the habit to co-sleep with me [ 13 Answers ]

I cannot break this habit... When my 7 years old daughter was a baby my ex husband and I were too tired from work and we did not want to handle the "crying-crib-moments" so we let her to sleep with us, she grew up and we got divorced and now she is 7. During 4 years while single I tried so hard to...

Bad Habit [ 1 Answers ]

I have 2 bichons (both females, almost 6 yrs old) one is 21lbs and the other is about 16 lbs. The 21lb one, coco, actually lost weight, probably due from not eating. We switched food a little to see if she didn't like the previous food and that didn't work. We don't know why she hasn't been...

View more questions Search