Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shayjimmyd Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2007, 10:21 AM
    Rain down my Chimney
    I bought a house that has an older model gas furnace with a brick chimney and when it rains I get water coming out of my vent pipe in my basement just before it attaches to the furnace. I do not have a cap on my chimney and was wondering if I should install one and if so what king should I buy? On top of the chimney there is an 8x11 ceramic tile. I see everyone else on the block has a cap on their gas chimney and was wondering why mine doesn't.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jan 3, 2007, 12:23 PM
    I don't understand the ceramic tile. Is it up on supports over the chimney? Otherwise, you should be able to buy any simple cap. Perhaps the original simply blew away.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Chimney repair [ 1 Answers ]

I have a cracked flu pipe at the top of my chimney. Can this be replaced without tearing down the top two feet of the chimney?

Chimney draft [ 2 Answers ]

Having trouble with getting the draft (smoke) to UP the chimney. It seems to be coming down and into the house. This is not a new fireplace but just started this season.

Is a chimney liner necessary? [ 5 Answers ]

We will be installing a new mid-efficiency furnace and air-conditioner. We are told that we will need a chimney liner. The old furnace is still using the chimney, but the new furnace will have a vent going out to the side of the house and the only appliance that will still utilize the old chimney...

Chimney starter [ 3 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me how to make my own chimney starter for charcoal grill./ Think use large cans but unsure where the air holes would be placed and what size. Many thanks

View more questions Search