Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    r1chardt Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2007, 10:20 AM
    Disguise my ip address
    I live in France, (I am a british national) and want to access UK TV programs online. However, they detect my location, and block me. Is there a way that I can disguise my location, so I can access these progs?

Richard
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jan 3, 2007, 10:30 AM
    Yes, there is a way. Not sure I'm allowed to detail it on this forum. I'll wait for a moderator to pipe in.
    s2tp Posts: 299, Reputation: 61

Jan 3, 2007, 10:38 AM
    I would like to know too :) this is my subscription to this question... :oD
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Jan 3, 2007, 10:40 AM
    I know how, I know how. Yes, Yes. After reading Needkarmas response I am not sure I am allowed to tell.

Joe
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jan 3, 2007, 10:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    Yes, there is a way. Not sure I'm allowed to detail it on this forum. I'll wait for a moderator to pipe in.
    I can't imagine why not... but I don't know anything about it. Is the method you're thinking of legal?
    Uber Member

Jan 3, 2007, 10:46 AM
    As far as I know it is legal, why would it not be? There are ways of protecting yourself.

Joe
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 3, 2007, 10:54 AM
    The question I have is under what reason do they block you. Is access to the site only available to people residing in Britain?

While there are tools to disguise one's IP, they may not get you past the block if the IP has to be one issued to a British firm. And while using such tools is not illegal, it may be illegal to access the site if you aren't using an approved ISP. Even if it isn't illegal, I think it would unethical for us to help you get around a block placed by the site. They have a right to restrict access to their site.
    Uber Member

Jan 3, 2007, 10:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJ
    I can't imagine why not...but I don't know anything about it. Is the method you're thinking of legal?
    Yes. How about I just answer this way: Google "web proxy".
    Uber Member

Jan 3, 2007, 11:03 AM
    Excellent way of answering the question NK.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jan 3, 2007, 11:11 AM

Look at what is #1 on my Google Search:

disguise IP"web proxy" - Google Search
    Uber Member

Jan 3, 2007, 11:12 AM
    This site is too popular!
    r1chardt Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2007, 01:17 PM
    Thanks, I'll try that - the reason they block it is to do with copyright issues - they pay film/tv distributors for right to show in britain - I can see same stuff from france, but dubbed into french. Thanks again

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How Do I Effectively disguise my IP Address? [ 11 Answers ]

Like many of you, I am fed up with unsolicited spam being dumped in my mailbox. These days, all you have to do is make some innocuous comment in a discussion forum and you get bombarded with variegated crap. I have tried to trace the source of the spam from headers and invariably the cowards...

Ip address [ 6 Answers ]

How will I know the ip address of a computer.. Any answer will be appreciated.. Tnx..

Global address list groups members missing in Outlook address book [ 0 Answers ]

Hello All, When I view a group in global address list in Outlook , address book group Does not display the members. My company use exchange 2000 server, and client use outlook XP or 2003. Does anybody experience the same thing and/or know why this is so? Thanks a lot for your help and...

Excel: change relative address to absolute address [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, In Excel spreadsheet, how to change relative address to absolute address for many cells at same time? I know how to use F4 to do the change, but it is not an option when I have to deal with the addresses in a 150 row x 50 column table. Thanks, Wei

View more questions Search