spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Oct 26, 2010, 06:21 AM
    Stay classy Rand Paul supporters!
    Raw Video: Rand Paul supporter stomps protester
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Oct 26, 2010, 06:32 AM
    Yep, that's making the news around here also.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Oct 26, 2010, 06:57 AM

Nasty .An assault report was filed but there have been no arrests. I expect there will be.
    Also at the rally a Paul supporter who recently had foot surgury was assaulted by a Conway supporter and had her surgical incision opened. She also has filed charges.
    So what happened ? There were 2 fights at the debate of a heated political campaign.
    Come on man! How many incidents like this happen at a Phillies or Eagles game ?
    Ultra Member

Oct 26, 2010, 07:06 AM

So you are saying it is OK for people to have their head and feet stomped on at a debate because drunks do it at sporting events?
    Ultra Member

Oct 26, 2010, 07:10 AM

... not at all . I'm just saying it happens at gatherings of passionate people. Ever see one of those South Korean parliament sessions ? I hope I don't have to cite all the times in our history that our leaders got violent with each other .
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 26, 2010, 07:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by spitvenom View Post
    Stay classy Rand Paul supporters
    Hello spit:

A contradiction in terms if I've ever heard one.

excon
    Ultra Member

Oct 26, 2010, 07:14 AM

I am passionate when I go to a sixers game or phillies game (I don't go to eagles games) and not once have I ever hurt anyone. It is a disgrace for ANYONE to behave like this. Big man kicking a woman when she is down.
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Oct 26, 2010, 07:18 AM

That was ugly and stupid.

P.S. I don't go to Eagles games any more either. I don't want to be assaulted, spit on, cursed out, have beer spilled on me or otherwise be around Eagles fans. I may not want to go to Cowboys games either, they suck so bad. Congrats to the Gnats.
    Ultra Member

Oct 26, 2010, 07:22 AM
    I am passionate when I go to a sixers game or phillies game (I don't go to eagles games) and not once have I ever hurt anyone. It is a disgrace for ANYONE to behave like this. Big man kicking a woman when she is down.
    Agreed . But do you think it says anything at all about the candidate ? No . I've seen emotions erupt at village meetings over issue much more insignificant than the ones being debated .

I also could say that the Move-on women was trying to provoke a response by attempting to give Rand Paul the silly plaque . But of course the guy assaulting her should be charged.
    Uber Member

Oct 26, 2010, 07:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    But do you think it says anything at all about the candidate ?
    Hello again, tom:

Yes, I do. Just like I think the arrest of the reporter says a lot about Joe Miller. Just like I think the misbehavior of our troops says a lot about George W. Bush. The policies of these people give tacit approval for their minions to ACT the way they do.. I was a sailor. My men would NEVER have behaved the way George Bush's troops did IF they DIDN'T have "permission" from the top.

If somebody gets shot at a Sharron Angle rally, I'll blame HER too. She believes that if you don't get your way, SHOOT. Certainly, her supporters do too.

excon
    Ultra Member

Oct 26, 2010, 07:40 AM

Yeah Yeah... I get it . Rand Paul is Willie Stark and all his supporters are unsophisticated hayseeds who when they aren't beating up Move-on women are sittlng at home with the cousin they married ,clinging to their guns and religion ,and drinking moonshine.
    Uber Member

Oct 26, 2010, 08:01 AM

Hello again, tom:

Nailed it! This IS West Virginia we're talking about here.

excon
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Oct 26, 2010, 09:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello again, tom:

Nailed it! This IS West Virginia we're talking about here.

excon
    I thought it was Kentucky.
    Uber Member

Oct 26, 2010, 09:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    I thought it was Kentucky.
    Hello again, Steve:

Ok.

excon
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Oct 26, 2010, 01:17 PM

What was she saying before all this took place? Anything can look bad if its done right.
    Uber Member

Oct 26, 2010, 01:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by califdadof3 View Post
    What was she saying before all this took place? Anything can look bad if its done right.
    Hello dad:

As a respected member of the law board, you should know that it makes NO difference WHAT she was saying. Sticks and stones and all that stuff...

I don't know. Doesn't anybody in the Tea Party think it's uncouth to hit a woman no matter WHAT she says?? Are they THAT out of touch?

excon
    Internet Research Expert

Oct 26, 2010, 01:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello dad:

As a respected member of the law board, you should know that it makes NO difference WHAT she was saying. Sticks and stones and all that stuff. I dunno. Doesn't anybody in the Tea Party think it's uncouth to hit a woman no matter WHAT she says???? Are they THAT out of touch?

excon
    I was just asking. And yes it does matter what was said beforehand. Im not saying what we saw on the video was right at all. But there are nutjobs cropping up everywhere lately. I was just curious.
    Ultra Member

Oct 26, 2010, 01:40 PM

Califdadof3 I copied this from cbsnews (it was the first link that came up)
    The woman, Lauren Valle, is affiliated with the liberal group MoveOn.org. As the Louisville Courier Journal reports, she said later she was trying to give Paul a satiric award from "RepubliCorp," which was meant to sarcastically thank Paul for merging political speech and the interests of big business. She was trying to get her picture taken with him while presenting the award.
    Internet Research Expert

Oct 26, 2010, 01:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by spitvenom View Post
    Califdadof3 I copied this from cbsnews (it was the first link that came up)
    The woman, Lauren Valle, is affiliated with the liberal group MoveOn.org. As the Louisville Courier Journal reports, she said later she was trying to give Paul a satiric award from "RepubliCorp," which was meant to sarcastically thank Paul for merging political speech and the interests of big business. She was trying to get her picture taken with him while presenting the award.
    I saw that too when I followed up on it. To me that's a dangerous thing to be doing. When your wearing a wig and trying to be saterical at a function such as that. People get nervous when they are focused on by strangers.

Doesn't justify it Im just saying.
    Uber Member

Oct 26, 2010, 02:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by califdadof3 View Post
    To me thats a dangerous thing to be doing.

Doesnt justify it Im just saying.
    Hello again, dad:

It's true. Political action IS dangerous. Shortly after I returned from Vietnam, and was still very much a supporter of that war, I went to an anti war march - NOT to march, but to see just who those hippies were. I wore my uniform, and was standing on the curb when the riot broke out. Didn't matter to the cops. They STILL beat me with their night sticks...

Not long after, I gave up my support for that war.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How Many PUMA Supporters Are There? [ 15 Answers ]

For those wishing to know how many PUMA supporters there are, or those who are still ACTIVELY supporting Hillary Clinton for President and are going to Write Her Name on the November Ballot, here are the numbers and G R O W I N G Larger all the time! Do you know what PUMA is? Are you interested in...

Classy Look [ 3 Answers ]

I would be grateful to anyone who can help. My fiancé has what you might refer to as a street look. Nevertheless, she is the most feminine woman I have ever met. Soon, we will be attending my work Christmas party. I want to show her that she can have more than one look to choose from. Hence, I...

Rand between [ 1 Answers ]

is it possible to create random numbers for 7 columns, where each column has a different min and max, but each row's 7 fields will add up to hundred.

Too classy? Please help! [ 4 Answers ]

So I am in my last year of high school, and I have not had a serious boyfriend. A few hookups, but nothing serious. And no guys have ever asked me out. And every guy that I like and likes me, turns out to be totally full of himself. I must admit, I am a very classy girl, but that makes me think,...

View more questions Search