Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sharjil Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2010, 03:15 PM
    Lady driver hit me while she was making left on light and I drove on yellow light.
    Lady driver hit me while she was making left on light and I drove on yellow light.Cop gave her a ticket for taking left carless.. I got my car fixed by her insurance.after 8 months I got call from cop he asked me to show up on court... I don't know why cop want me to come to court?? I am so worried.. ANY HELP.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 25, 2010, 03:29 PM

Hello s:

He probably wants you as a witness to testify AGAINST her. The cop could have TOLD you that instead of scaring you to death, but cops don't care much what I think.

excon
    emtdan Posts: 16, Reputation: 4

Oct 25, 2010, 04:27 PM
    OK, I've had to testify a few times so this is what MAY be going on...

The lady that got the ticket is probably fighting it. The officer probably wants you as a witness. If you've given a written statement, an accident report, they are probably using that as a basis. In most cases when you get to court, the Assistant District Attorney would talk to you beforehand to get your side of the story. If it looks good for the prosecutor (ADA) then you could be called to testify, if it gets that far.

Call the officer and ask him what is going on. They would not bring you to court to charge you with any violation if that is your concern.

Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 25, 2010, 06:33 PM

Yes, she must be fighting the ticket for some reason ( don't know why, even if she beats it, it will not effect her insurance paying)

Perhaps if the points get awarded she has so many she may lose her license ( but that is just guessing)

But if you had to testify more than once she is trying every trick to draw this out, hoping you will not show up one time and she can win
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Oct 25, 2010, 07:42 PM

In some places, police officers prosecute minor traffic offenses, instead of a d.a. I suppose the cop doesn't realize that he can subpoena you, and if he did that you would have to show up.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I got hit from the back at a red light the other driver lied to his insurance company [ 8 Answers ]

I was sitting at a red light waiting on the light to turn green a car hit me form the back at the time I do not have insurance the other driver do. The driver told his insurance company two different story that I was at fault the police report says who was at fault(the driver that hit me)now his...

I was turning right on red I did not see lady runs through yellow light who's at fault [ 7 Answers ]

I was turning right on red. A lady hits my car. At the time I pulled out I did not see an incoming car. I did see that their light was yellow but again did not see anyone coming. There may have been a blind spot and I simply did not see the lady when I pulled out. The lady admits in police report...

Hit driver who ran red light, no license, have insurance [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I hit a speeding driver running from the cops on a semi-busy intersection. I was following the law (the light was green), but the driver ran a red light and I hit him, so it wasn't my fault at all and I didn't get ticked for not having a license. In fact I didn't get in trouble at all, but...

I had an accident , I was hit by a lady that ran a red light [ 2 Answers ]

I live in Ohio I was in a wreck 1and half weeks ago, I was hit because a 67 year old lady ran a red light, I was insured but my policy lapsed, and I had submitted my payment to them , but it wouldn't go into effect till the next day even though I had already paid ,the lady has to go to court, and...

View more questions Search