Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kidtee Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2010, 01:28 PM
    Would, they still legally have to give us a 30 day written Notice to vacate?
    I have a question, Currently an Organization known as C{Space was Leasing a downtown commercial space in Dayton Ohio. Our lease was recently up and have yet to renew it, because, both parties, where working on one that was suitable to each of us. However we continued to pay rent as usual. Now the have a new interested tenant . Would, they still legally have to give us a 30 day written Notice to vacate?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Oct 25, 2010, 01:42 PM

Most likely yes. Your lease converted to a month to month rental while your in negotiations. Be sure to check your lease contract. But that is how most of them work unless there is an automatic renewal feature.
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Oct 25, 2010, 03:57 PM
    This is a commercial lease? There are no laws that apply. Everything is controlled by the terms of the lease. Read it carefully. If there is no 30 day notice requirement in the lease then they don't have to give you any notice at all. Also, many commercial leases say that a tenant who remains after the lease has ended and has not signed a new lease becomes a holdover tenant and may be responsible for double the previous amount of rent.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Give a 30 day notice then 4 days later served with a 3 day vacate notice [ 6 Answers ]

I was served with a 30 day notice for a termination of Lease on June 9th. By my landlord for late payments. Then on June 15th I was served with a notice to pay or vacate with in 3 days by my landlord. Can he do this? I am not even a month late on this months rent.

Landlord must give 30 day or 60 day notice t0 vacate? [ 5 Answers ]

Has the laws changed, and now require a landlord with a tenant of 5 years, in a month to month rental agreement, to give the renter a 60 day notice to move? My landlord has sold her house and wants me out in less than 30 days. Please help? Is there another resource or a state law # I can look...

Can my Landlord legally give me a two week notice to vacate? [ 11 Answers ]

We are currently on a month to month and my landlord has listed the house for a short sale. Over the phone, he offered to reduce the rent significantly in exchange for showing the property to prospective buyers, we could pay him bi-monthly, be able to stay until the close of escrow, and he would...

Is a tenant's 30 day notice to vacate legally binding in the City of Los Angeles? [ 3 Answers ]

We are in escrow for a home in Los Angeles. Escrow closes on Oct. 13. If we put in a 30 day notice with our landlord (vacating November 1) and fall out of escrow, are we legally bound to move out of the apartment? Or should we wait till escrow closes to put in our 30 day notice?

Received a 60 day notice to vacate - do I need to give a 30 day notice? [ 8 Answers ]

Hello! The rental property is in cupertino, California. I received a 60 day notice to vacate as the new owner wants to remodel the property. As I have a house that I had bought and was also renting this unit I would like to vacate within 15 days and move all my stuff? Question - Am I...

View more questions Search