Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sailing281 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2007, 08:55 AM
    Filing after bankruptcy
    I filed Chpt 7 this year and I am wondering how it will, if it will affect my filing. What documents do I need to share with my accountant? etc.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Jan 3, 2007, 02:10 PM
    Your bankruptcy should not affect your filing unless you are getting Form 1099-C, which is imputed income from the forgiven debt.

As for what documents you need to share with your accountant, whatever he asks for. Be sure you tell him about the bankruptcy.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bankruptcy [ 1 Answers ]

My mom cosigned on a car loan. She filed bk. I continued making payments. My bank account got messed up. I set up payment arrangements. They came and repossessed the car. Can they do that since my mom was only a cosigner?

Bankruptcy [ 2 Answers ]

Will my wife have to pay for my medical bills if I declare bankruptcy even if I signed soul responsibility?:confused:

Bankruptcy [ 4 Answers ]

I filed bankruptcy. I listed all creditors. The trustee had a meeting of creditors. My X- husband showed up contesting my having him on the list of creditors (it was not for spousal support, but some common bills) The Trustee threw him out as he was not very polite. My Bankruptcy was granted...

Filing Chapter 7 Bankruptcy [ 2 Answers ]

Approximately how long does it take once you've filled out the bankruptcy forms does it take to file? Does it depend on the State you live in or the court schedule?

Bankruptcy [ 4 Answers ]

Does anyone know what the difference is now that the bankruptcy laws have changed? What exactly has changed that would prevent a person from getting a say... Chapter 7 now as compared to before the law changed. This would be for the state of PA. Thanks for any help.

View more questions Search