Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mwin1974 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2010, 09:55 AM
    Fourth amendment right??
    My door was hit repeatedly with a battering ram by our local narcotics team. It was hit until the frame broke and the door opened. The team came in with machine guns and bullet proof vest. They arrested my boyfriend and hand cuffed me. My apartment was searched for 3 hours they were looking for cocaine and guns. There was no cocaine or guns in my home.They finally took the cuffs off them and left. He was arrested and charged with selling marijuana in a school zone a class A felony. He is being held on 30,000 cash only. He has been in jail 94 days. My problem is this the warrant says that a confidential informant said he buys marijuana from a friend who gets it from my boyfriend.That is the extent of the probable cause they needed to get a warrant. My boyfriend drives a car registered to me my apartment is in my name the utilities are in my name. His drivers license has not been changed from the previous state he lived in. The warrant never one time states a informant was at my home near my home let alone purchased drugs from my home. They do not have a controlled buy at all. Just hearsay from an informant who "says" he gets marijuana from a friend who says he gets it from my man. Does this sound logical. He has an attorney who is going to put in a suppression motion on the warrant and hopefully the case is dismissed. There was marijuana at my house but no baggies no nothing to support a sales charge. But regardless in my opinion they should not have been issued that warrant. Do you agree?

Check out some similar questions!

Have a happy Fourth, but remember... [ 3 Answers ]

YouTube - SOME GAVE ALL

Fourth Amendment [ 13 Answers ]

Hello: Do the cops need a search warrant to listen to CELL PHONES? excon

Fourth and final one. [ 21 Answers ]

Okay, either you all are really good, or I'm picking pictures that are way to easy. Last one for me, should be a bit more of a challenge. 11316

Fourth time's a charm? [ 52 Answers ]

Multiple threads merged I'll soon be 21.I've only had three boyfriends in my entire life.my first relationship lasted only one month-he left me for his ex girlfriend;the second one-two months or so,he left me because I wouldn't have sex with him(I was a virgin,you see,and was I scared because I...

A-1 Photography fourth Edition [ 1 Answers ]

:) I am taking accounting online which is makes it a bit harder to understand. The A-1 Photography project is very confusing. I am not sure what answered sheet to use! The project is 25 problems & I am having a hard time just starting the 1st problem please help! May you have a marvelous week!

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.