Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ilovepolo05 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2010, 07:39 PM
    I have tried to do this problem many ways but the time part of it get me.
    A study of deaths in car crashes from 1986 to 2002 revealed the following data on deaths in crashes by day of the week. Find the empirical probability distribution associated with these data. (Round your answers to three decimal places).

Day of the Week Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday
    Average Number of Deaths 130 92 98 99 102 135 153
    Probability
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Oct 24, 2010, 09:46 PM

If I ask you what is the probability that a car selected at random crashed on Monday, your answer will be given by the number of cars crashed on Monday divided by the total number of cars. Can you now do this for the other days?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Student dependent visa UK, Full time or Part time work? [ 26 Answers ]

I have student visa of UK and I study in university. My wife recently came in London. She has student dependent visa. She doesn't study. Can she work full time? How many hours she can work? Thank you

Is it time to part ways? [ 7 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been dating for four months. He has two kids and I have one. We see each other every weekend but I want to see him more. He doesn't ever seem to have time to see my child and I during the week and blames it on having to do things with his kids, (i.e. dinner, bedtime,...

Live part-time NYC and work full-time and live part-timein Long Island am I NYC resi [ 1 Answers ]

For all of 2007, I lived and worked in Suffolk County four days per week, and I lived in the Bronx three days per week (not working during those three days). My employer generated my w-2 form with non-resident status based on my working and living in Suffolk County for my emploment. My question is,...

View more questions Search