Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Miss Lewis Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2007, 06:57 AM
    Excessive use of name
    Is there a hidden meaning behind someone who uses their dates name excessively in a conversation? As in, beyond saying it when greeting, getting their attention etc but to use it in every third sentence or so... I find it a little strange but if anyone can shine some light on the matter and advise what they think it could mean please?!

Thank you! :confused:
    phillysteakandcheese Posts: 973, Reputation: 356

Jan 3, 2007, 09:51 AM
    A number of "dating tips" recommend that you use a person's name as much as possible in conversation... it creates a psychological bond...
    littleoneoverhere Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2007, 10:01 AM
    I don't see a problem with it, personally I wouldn't mind if someone kept using my name(at least they know it). But everyone is different.
    tamed Posts: 255, Reputation: 33

Jan 3, 2007, 12:12 PM
    Most guys I know who are like that tend to be controlling but who knows they could just be a bad batch. However, if you feel odd about it then unless he has an amazing personality, I would let him go. Sometimes our intuitions have strange ways of telling us things.
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Jan 3, 2007, 03:53 PM
    I agree that is a bit weird.

But if you like this guy despite his little quirk, then continue to date him.

We all have our own little quirks.
    confusedgirl Posts: 33, Reputation: 3

Jan 5, 2007, 12:57 AM
    You I agree look at the positive maybe he enjoys your name a lot
    Marissa17 Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2007, 05:06 PM
    I actually heard somewhere that the one word a girl wants to hear most from a guy is her name, maybe your guy heard that little fact too. I don't think it's a bad thing, he probably just likes your name and wants to make you feel special.
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

Jan 9, 2007, 12:23 AM
    Yeah I know people like that an it is a bit annonying but if that's the worst thing about him that's not to bad.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Great dane excessive whining [ 7 Answers ]

Our great dane has been whining all day. We can't figure out what she wants? But something is definitely wrong. She pace the room whining and no matter how much attention we give her, nothing helps. Yet she will play with her toy like everything is fine. In fact, her toy is almost a comfort to her...

Excessive Lease Breakage Fees? [ 11 Answers ]

Hi - I rented an Apartment in PA and signed a six month lease back in Jan with the explicit intention of not renewing it. I never received any notice from the landlord asking me if I wanted to renew the lease or move out, and I assumed I did not have to do anything for the lease to expire. ...

Excessive drool in crate/seperation anxiety? [ 1 Answers ]

We rescued a 10 month old mastiff/lab puppy about a week ago, gentle as can be, very smart, learns quickly, loves the kids, just an amazing dog... he is not at all a drooler, but when he goes into his crate and we leave, he drools gallons (and I mean gallons). I know he has been stressed by being...

Puppies excessive biting - please HELP ! [ 7 Answers ]

I have a 11 week old female german sheperd X labrador, CoCo. She bites excessively. She seems most amused with my hands & legs. I have tried everything I have read from using a throw pillow to filling a can with pennies & squirting water & yelping & trying to walk away(which is never possible cos...

Excessive Noise [ 3 Answers ]

I have complained for two (2) weeks about neighbors playing loud music in their apartment keeping me up past 2 am to my apartment manager; but every time I complained she told me there was nothing she could do about it. One of my neighbors complained that I was stomping on the floor at 11:05 pm...

View more questions Search