Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hangemhi232 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2004, 04:22 PM
    Spyware in freeware?
    Hi, it just occurred to me freeware has spyware.Does spybot also find and eliminate these bad eggs since they were invited in? Thank you
    Whiskey14 Posts: 219, Reputation: 16

Jul 13, 2004, 07:28 PM
    Spyware in freeware?
    Spybot Search & Destroy and/or Ad-aware should be able to detect the spyware. When downloading anything from the internet, do yourself a favor and read the small print, usually you can stop the spyware from being downloaded.

Hope this helps!
    Whiskey14
    cremedies Posts: 304, Reputation: 0

Nov 30, 2004, 07:48 PM
    Giant AntiSpyware is currently the best spyware remover on the market. An independent study showed that it blowed all other removers away. Do a Google search for the study results if you want to see for yourself.

A free trial of Giant is available at the link below.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Really Cool Freeware [ 1 Answers ]

Installing Love Tech Support: Yes,. how can I help you? Customer: Well, after much consideration, I've decided to install Love. Can you guide me through the process? Tech Support: Yes. I can help you. Are you ready to proceed? Customer: Well, I'm not very technical, but I...

Question from a newbie regarding filtering freeware [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, Could someone help me with some advice regarding good URL filtering freeware? Thanks very much, Ura

PurityScan... Spyware or nor Spyware? [ 5 Answers ]

On my computer this screen popped up and it said it was ready to install Purityscan wich I had no intention of installing. Sure it might be a good program, then again it might not be for the simple fact is that somehow it or something put a reg key on my computer. Normally I would know what it's...

Autoruns - spyware question, Delete spyware with "Autoruns", back again [ 3 Answers ]

I am using "autoruns", hoping to get rid of many spyware programs. I am attempting to manually remove some of the spyware (while not connected to internet) startup files along with corresponding registry file using "autoruns" . Problem is when I restart "autoruns" the spyware files have returned. ...

View more questions Search