Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rsoni451 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2010, 06:24 AM
    PC starts after sometime of powering on?
    PC configuration:core 2 duo 2.93 ghz 3 gb ddr3 ram.. 320 gb hard disk... nvidia 8400 graphic card...
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Oct 24, 2010, 06:31 AM

Is it possible your missing files so its taking longer? What OS are you using? Have you been doing a lot of updating lately?

Oct 24, 2010, 07:24 AM
    I'm using xp sp2 and win 7 enterprise... I didn't update anything...
    Internet Research Expert

Oct 24, 2010, 07:28 AM

If both OS's are giving you problems and your booting slowly then there could be one of many problems causing it. Is this a recent problem that just started after installing another OS? You are aware that there is some incompatibility between those OS's and disk drive access and handling.

Oct 24, 2010, 08:58 AM
    Nah it is not like that... I m using both operating systems for about 7 months... but I encountered with this prob recently... the actual problem is that... when I swith on the cpu... black sceen appears... and this happens before the os choosing screen appears
    Internet Research Expert

Oct 24, 2010, 09:04 AM

Ok, have you did a memory test lately and checked your hard drive for errors and also did a defrag? Is your hard drive running low on space?

Oct 24, 2010, 09:08 AM
    Hmm well... 20 gb disk space is still left... out of 320 gb space... but it was running in this condition... this prob has appeared now... can't it be due to some hardware problem
    Internet Research Expert

Oct 24, 2010, 09:16 AM

For one thing your too low on the hard drive space. Going below the 10% mark on any hard drive using windows is not a good idea. The minimum for you would be 32 gig.

Try running the other tests and doing a defrag. Also get rid of unwanted files or programs before doing the defrag.

If you have a lot of pictures or moveis consider getting an external hard drive and moving some of it off your primary drive. It should run a lot faster after you do that.

Oct 24, 2010, 10:46 PM
    Comment on califdadof3's post
    Well I will follow your suggestion... well thnks for this

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

AC starts a cycle stops and loud noise starts from inside Air Handler. [ 1 Answers ]

The central a/c unit worked fine all day and in the evening started a new cycle stopped after about 30 seconds and started making a loud noise inside the air handler for around 90 seconds and tried to start a new cycle without success. I turned the unit off overnight and back on the following...

Central heater furnace starts and blower starts for 30 minutes and then fan shuts off [ 1 Answers ]

We start our central heater and the furnace kicks in and then the blower starts and the house warms up but when it reaches the desired temperature. When the temp. drops and you can hear the furnace start but the blower will never kick in. If we shut off the whole thing and wait about 1 hour, we...

Powering on TV [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Panasonic HDTVMonitor,model CT-36HL42C.the power is not coming on with the TV botton itself or with the remote control, both sound and picture are fine when TV powers up, can you tell me the problem parts and cost of fix ?

Inducer motor starts running, but ignition never starts [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Payne Gas forced air furnace, and it's behavior has changed in the last couple of days, where it never gets past the Inducer motor cycle. When we turn on the thermostat (or even jumper across the "R" and "W" leads on the furnace controller) the inducer motor starts running and keeps...

View more questions Search