Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jim3434 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2010, 12:17 AM
    Never served
    Two yrs ago My ex went to the bank to cash her child support ck and was notified they couldn't cash it. So I called bank and they said a lien or hold was put on my acct. by a attorney who had a judgement against me. This was new to me because I had never been served to come to court. The bank gave me the attornys # and I called him and informed him of this and he asked if I owed the bill and I said yes but he couldn't collect because my only income is retirement from the teamsters. I asked how he could get a judgement without serving me and his response was he did. But he didn't!! After faxing him a copy of my retirment statement he released my acct that day. My question is how do I get this judgement off my credit reports?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 24, 2010, 09:09 AM

You will have to get the judgement itself over turned, the judgement is still valid, they just merely have released the freeze.

You have to file a motion in court to get it over turned

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Not served [ 1 Answers ]

I found out last week that my checks were being garnished when I went to look up my check stub online. I called my payroll dept because I hadn't received any paperwork, hadn't been sued or even served by anyone. All they had that it was a company called LRS, and in the amount of $653.69. I asked...

I too have been served! [ 2 Answers ]

Like so many others on here, I too have been served with a summons/complaint for "DEFAULTING" on a credit card. I see the proper way to respond is to go to the county court house & file a notice of Intend to defend. Ive seen in a few posts by others about a DISCOVERY letter, what exactly is it's...

Served [ 1 Answers ]

I have been served court judgement for a credit card, I can, t pay, ask for answer as well served attorney, should I have to meet creditor or Send a written answer. Please answer

Got served [ 3 Answers ]

I was served papers to respond within 20 days or court will proceed without me. I did with a paralegal who responed to the court and the banks lawyer. Question is , can they still come to the house and take things for fair market value ? My wife couldn't pay the van no more and they auctioned it...

View more questions Search