Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    needToKnow1000 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2010, 07:18 PM
    I missed the deadline to file a motion for summary judgment hearing. What can I do?
    Hi, I missed the deadline to file a motion because I was getting conflicting answers about the deadline. Will they allow me to defend myself during the hearing itself? If not, do I have grounds to appeal? Any other options? Thank you!
    Gaylan Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Oct 30, 2010, 04:39 PM
    I am not a lawyer.

As much as I do know is this. If you failed to answer the complaint, motion the court will adjudicate in the plaintiff's favor. It will be up to you to file an appeal to the summary judgment.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 30, 2010, 04:49 PM

We need to know more about the cause of action here. That could have a bearing. But if you failed to answer a summons the plaintiff applies for a default judgment and no hearing is held.

I would be at the courthouse first thing Monday morning filing the motion. Depending on the court where the case is being processed they may be more lenient about deadlines.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to answer Motion for Summary Judgment [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I filed a complaint pro-se against a pro-se defendant in bankruptcy court, I purchased some domain names from him, and he never turned over control to me. In my complaint, I allege: 1) There is a signed contract for sale, copy attached to complaint 2) Defendant received payment, copy...

HSBC Motion of Summary Judgment [ 1 Answers ]

I am being sued by HSBC. I recently received a Plaintiff's Motion Summary Judgement from the court and would like to know where I go from here. I am enrolled in a debt settlement program with a company that has offered several settlements, all which have been rejected. I owe about $860 and would be...

Motion for Summary Judgment [ 3 Answers ]

I was served the foreclosure papers I answered the complaint I received a motion for summary judgment I was told that I lost even tough I have not had a chance to defend myself by explaining that the bank made several mistakes when they were serving my loan by omitting several disclosures that...

Texas - Hearing on Motion for Summary Judgement [ 1 Answers ]

I am being sued for credit card debt by a collections agency (Arrow Financial) that bought the debt. I showed up for the court appearance but they did not. Judge stated at the time that if the plaintiff did not show up she would rule in my favor. When they did not appear the judge nodded...

View more questions Search