Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lovelee Posts: 150, Reputation: 5

Oct 23, 2010, 03:27 PM
    Co-worker thinks he's in love with me.
    So I already knew that our company's messenger had a crush on me but now he loves me?

Here's the story. A couple of months ago his girlfriend dumped him and he was devastated. Anyway he has low self-esteem and is super sensative so I told him he will find the right woman some day. All he kept saying was that no body wants him and that he is through with love. Me and my big mouth tried to cheer him up by telling him he's a nice guy and that she is crazy for leaving him. (Now I should have kept my big mouth shut considering he's had a crush on me from the time I started working there). What annoys me a little bit is he knows that I'm in a relationship already and still tries to pursue me. Even though on several occasions I told him that he is way too young for me, he is 24 and well... I'm older than that! He doesn't care but I do.

So fine he has a crush right? Wrong, one of my big mouth co-workers was uploading numbers on her new cell phone then tells me that she knows my number by heart so she then yells it out while the messenger over hears and quickly adds it to his cell phone and tells me that he finally has my number. Little did I know that he would text me how much he loves me and how beautiful I am. This is getting on my nerves but knowing how sensative he is I have to thread lightly. I have zero interest in him and I want him to know that without hurting his feelings. How do I do that?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 23, 2010, 03:49 PM

I think this is beyond his getting hurt. I think you need to get HR involved and have them explain to him that is behavior is inappropriate in the workplace.
    Lovelee Posts: 150, Reputation: 5

Oct 23, 2010, 07:48 PM
    Comment on ScottGem's post
    How ironic. I am the Assistant Human Resources Manager!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Am I in love? [ 9 Answers ]

Answer me

In love and hurting [ 37 Answers ]

I'm in love with him but my hearts braken! I can't see him on myspace without my heart braken more and it hurts so bad I just want to cry! Help me handle it without cry :'(

Setting up care worker or support worker agency [ 5 Answers ]

I will like to know the requirements for setting up care worker or support worker agency. Thanks

In love with my best friend [ 7 Answers ]

I'm in love with my best friend, I've had feeling for him for 2 years now, and he found out about one month ago, he told my friends that he loved me but not in that way, he said we had gotten TOO close for him to feel anything for me. So I thought he would feel awkward but he didn't, we are still...

In love with my best friend [ 3 Answers ]

I'm in love with my best friend. But he's dating another girl, and he keeps giving me signals that he likes me. Like he says things to me and stuff. But he's still with his girlfriend, nothing has every happened between us, and he's kind of like a player.

View more questions Search