Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jbruce911 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2004, 09:48 AM
    Driver problems
    I hooked my computer up to an older monitor and the display is messed up. It overlaps 4 repeats of the display on the screen. If I uninstall the video card driver and use the windows default it works.

I have a 800MHz Windows 98
    NVidia TNT Card

Have tried it with 2 different older monitors with the same results. Please help!!

Thanks in advance,
    Bruce
    freakquency Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2004, 08:36 PM
    Re: Driver problems
    Maybe.. I think You could be facing refresh rate difference between the TNT graphic card and the monitor.
    Try using a newer monitor maybe.. borrowing a monitor from somebody. This is because older monitor have a lower refresh rate.   or changing the refresh rate of your graphic card. That would most probably can be done after the driver is installed.

This is just my opinion..  :)
    Good luck...
    newparents2000 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2004, 11:43 AM
    Re: Driver problems
    I would go onto www.driver.com and see if you can find it or go to manufactures website.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Driver Problems / XP Pro [ 2 Answers ]

Hello all: I am new here. Can someone help me to pin down a problem I'm having with a windows XP Pro OS. I installed a modem, loaded drivers, and was in the process of updating the drivers from windows updater. Then I got a "BLUE SCREEN" (have had a few). I have removed the hardware and...

Video controller driver problems [ 1 Answers ]

I reformatted my compaq presario 5000 with 98 SE and I have everything working but the display is awful. I have no choice but 16 color and small resolution. How can I find out what video controller I have? That shows up in device manager under other devices? The specs on my PC says I have...

Having monitor or video driver problems [ 1 Answers ]

I recently accquired a used computer from my dad. It is a Dell computer, and I am using my old Gateway VX700 monitor. My problem is that once I formatted the hard drive and started reinstalling the drivers my display has not been good at all. It's really hard to explain what it looks like, but...

Driver problems [ 1 Answers ]

I hooked my computer up to an older monitor and the display is messed up. It overlaps 4 repeats of the display on the screen. If I uninstall the video card driver and use the windows default it works. I have a 800MHz Windows 98 NVidia TNT Card Have tried it with 2 different older monitors...

CD ROM driver [ 1 Answers ]

I recently had my CD driver replaced. It worked fine for a few weeks, then :-/, but now when I start up I get this message:"unable to detect ATAPI IDE CD ROM---device driver not loaded." What's up with this? Do I need to replace the driver again? I have defragmented, scanned the disc, and ran...

View more questions Search