Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gara Posts: 117, Reputation: 26

Oct 23, 2010, 05:32 AM
    Cheer me up please ?
    Hi . My name is Gara , and I'm 20 years old , I graduate from high school three years ago , because I was working as Human resource now for three years and half , all my friends in high school they all left studying in abroad , while I stayed and worked , well my financail proplem couldn't let me go and study , and I was so depress about it , my friends study in place that make them go have fun and study in the same time , their pictures in the Facebook kills me , while I'm living in country that no fun or any thing around, the only thing that is bothering me these days it's , why in the world I can't study! so I decided to get a car and study in perfect school that I found to get diploma , I felt like I'm looser, until I found out that my working exprince can make me better in the future, because some of my friends already finsihed their studys, and they are sitting in the house because they couldn't find a job because of work expirncess years they don't have, I don't know some how I'm thinking myself as looser, and some how I'm cheerfull because I work and I'm only 20 years in one of the best companys in human resources , so please help me out and cheer me up guys? I really need you , I felt like I wasted three years.
    johndoe2010 Posts: 13, Reputation: 3

Oct 26, 2010, 09:08 AM
    Exactly. You are only 20 years old. Believe me, ten years from now you will be looking back at this (if you even remember) and think "wow, I was so silly!" I know because that's how I feel looking back at that age. I felt the same way, and now, ten years later, I am kicking myself for not just enjoying what were actually the best years of my life!

I don't know if you are truly depressed but it could be that you are simply just young! :) I remember being your age and fretting over the same things and trust me, things get a lot worse. But wait. Don't take that wrong because, that said--I don't want that to make you feel worse--as you grow and things continue to get "worse", your ability to deal with things gets better. At 20 if I lost a good friend, I'd have been devastated. Last year when I went to jail and realized that all my dreams were over because of what I'd done, I didn't feel half as badly as I would have if I'd lost a friend at age 20. Just keep going down the right path, find stuff that makes you happy, keep yourself busy, get out and do things, surround yourself with people you like and activities you enjoy. I said that things will get worse, but because your ability to 'deal' with life in-fact grows, please believe me--things will get better. I finished my schooling much later than you due to various problems, but I stuck in there and when I finished, I felt even more proud of myself because of all the obstacles I'd overcome. If you feel like you have already wasted your life at this age, imagine how you're going to feel 20 more years from now if you don't pursue whatever it is you, uh, want to pursue.

On a slightly more serious note, if this is really that dire and you continue to feel this way, please do talk to someone like a counselor or other mental health professional.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Cheer Help! [ 8 Answers ]

Hey everyone! ::) I've always been interested in cheerleading, I wasn't able to try out for the high school squad for freshman and sophomore year. I want to try out for jr. year, but that means I would be trying out for varsity, and I have no experience. :'( Should I go for it or do you...

Cheer Me Up please ? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi . My name is Gara , and I'm 20 years old , I graduate from high school three years ago , because I was working as Human resource now for three years and half , all my friends in high school they all left studying in abroad , while I stayed and worked , well my financail proplem couldn't let me...

How to cheer him up? [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, a simple question about a man. I would appreciate the answers: how to cheer a male friend who says had bad day at work and has low mood, he is very emotionally tired? What improves man's mood mostly ( no sx)

Cheer [ 1 Answers ]

I can't seem to get my middle splits down all the way I was wondering if anyone has any stretch's to get them all the way down?

I can CHEER Again! [ 2 Answers ]

Hey you!! GUESS WATTT?? My back doctor gave me the blessing to start working on gymnastics again!! I am so psyched I can't wait to start working on it so here is my plan.I am going to skip middle school cheerleading tryouts and start getting ready for Freshman year when I will hopefully be cheering...

View more questions Search