Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Raffs Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2010, 06:10 PM
    Mower stalls when blades are engaged
    I seen this mower advertised online, Murray riding mower. 11 HP , 30" cut , 4sp &1 r ,Runs good, Stalls when ingaging mower deck belt. May be adjusment? $130.00 takes it
    Any ideas what might be causing this and would this be a good deal for this mower.
    Thank you for any help you can give me..
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Oct 22, 2010, 06:15 PM

Looks like a good deal to me. It might just be the "reverse" switch.

If it thinks reverse is enguaged and you try to enguage the blades it will die out. It's a common problem on newer mowers with that safety feature. Also the motor alone is worth that much.
    DG Posts: 1,375, Reputation: 109
    Ultra Member

Oct 23, 2010, 07:01 AM

Sounds like a 20 year old mower ,
    I wouldn't pay that for it.
    But that's My opinion .
    I buy and sell mowers all the time .
    I have 2 or 3 that sound just like that one in my junk pile.
    Luck
    amowl Posts: 26, Reputation: 3

Oct 26, 2010, 01:55 AM
    Dis-connect the kill wire coming out from the shroud. Its usually by the starter . Then start the mower and see if it stalls or not. If so go through the blade sensor and the neutral sensor to see which one is bias . Good luck. Post results if you can

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mower bogs out when blades engaged [ 3 Answers ]

I got an older Simplicty 18 hp. Rider. Everything runs great and works fine, until I engages the blades. It just bogs right down. The only thing I can think may be the problem is the wrong gas cap. My grandson ran over the old / original one. I have a replacement one, but not original. ...

Husqvarna YTH2448 engine stalls when blades engaged [ 5 Answers ]

Good afternoon all, I have a quick question that I am hoping someone can help me with. I have a Husqvarna yth 2448 that stalls when the engine is engaged after running for about 30 minutes. After the mower sits and cools off, it will cut fine again. I checked the seat sensor, not sure if that...

Mower dies when blades engaged [ 2 Answers ]

Just purchased a brand new craftsman 27hp 50" zero turn. Cut a 50 yard swatch when the engine choked. After finally restarting, the engine stalls and quits whenever the drive levers are moved out of start/park or when the blades engaged. Help :mad:

View more questions Search