Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lightning55 Posts: 97, Reputation: 7

Oct 31, 2010, 09:16 AM
    They are two separate essays.

The one for swimming is:Tell us about the most significant challenge you've faced or something important that didn't go according to plan. How did you manage the situation? (250 words max.)

The one about the piano is: Tell us about something you do for the pleasure of it. (100 words max.)
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 31, 2010, 10:01 AM

"She explained that success is not natural, and that she had had to work incredibly hard during college to become fast." You need a present verb tense first, and then a past pluperfect verb tense.

Both are fine.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Comma confusion on college admissions essay [ 25 Answers ]

I'm writing my college essay and I came to a sentence that had me confused. Here it is: He is Switzerland and I, too, wish to be able to achieve his impartial view on the way people live Should there be a comma after switzerland? Or not? Or how should I word that? It's for brown...

What does fashion mean to me? (COLLEGE ESSAY)! [ 3 Answers ]

I'm writing a college essay for a fashion school and I need to explain WHY fashion. I have to explain WHY when I was a little girl I would run to the shoe section instead of the toy section. I'm the biggest fan of fashion trends and I love all the designers. I want to go into the field of Fashion...

Sample essay about myself format college [ 1 Answers ]

Introduce myself

College Admissions Essay? Comments and ratings appreciated! [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, this was a rough idea that I think I want to use as a college admissions essay. There are things that I know need to be taken out and put in, and I was just wondering how this overall essay sounds at this point. Thanks so much. My writing style is not unique. It is not original. It has open...

College application fees [ 1 Answers ]

Are college application fees deductible?

View more questions Search