Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tshort Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2007, 09:42 PM
    A CD Broke in my computer
    A cd broke in my cd drive and I don't know what to do. Most of the pieces are out but the door won't close. I don't know what to do.:confused:
    jahnplay Posts: 83, Reputation: -1

Jan 2, 2007, 09:45 PM
    Take it off then open it carfuly or get an air pressure can to blow stuff out and clean it with it
    kiwimac Posts: 22, Reputation: 7

Jan 2, 2007, 11:02 PM
    Easiest way is to open the case on your computer (WITH THE COMPUTER UNPLUGGED!), undo the screws holding your CD drive in and remove it. You may well find that the only thing stopping your CD door is a piece of the broken CD caught between the door and the case.

Replace the CD Rom and put the CD power plug and Motherboard / soundcard plugs back on & turn on the machine to see if it will boot up and close the CD door.

If it does not, you may well have to replace your CD-Drive or a least get it serviced. If it does all is well. Turn off the computer again, replace the screws holding the CD-Drive in place and put the cover back on before restarting.

I hope this helps.

Kiwimac

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Broke [ 1 Answers ]

I lost my job and I'm broke need money can I get my money from my 401 k I only worked their 2 years and don't have any other 401 account?:( :confused:

I broke up with my girlfriend [ 13 Answers ]

I don't know what my problem is but I broke up with my girlfriend of 1 year. I love her and I think I'm in love with her so I don't know where we went wrong. I know that we both want different things in life. (i.e. family, kids, etc) She wanted to work things out but I didn't.. . why? Why? I...

C$ Broke ? [ 6 Answers ]

Apologies if this is on the wrong board but here goes... Our network is some 6.5, 5 Netware and Windows 2003 boxes, everything is in eDirectory and Zfd management agent on all machines and we use Group Policies delivered by Zen. I use the C$ every now and then to move files etc.. But for...

Direct computer to computer connection via Ethernet ports [ 1 Answers ]

I should like to connect two Windows XP computers via Gigabit ethernet ports. What a software is necessary To ensure the possibility to use one of the PCs as a terminal of another With sharing HDDs ets?

Newly built computer for sale! Powerful Computer! [ 1 Answers ]

I have a computer for sale, here are the specs: DFI Landparty NF4 SLI-DR Motherboard AMD64 X2 Dual Core 4800+ Processor 1GB of Corsair XMS Dual Channel RAM Aspire X-Cruiser Silver Case 550 Watt Antec True Power Power Supply 7800GTX 256MB DDR3 Graphics Card with SLI enabled 300GB Maxtor...

View more questions Search