Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    deelmein8 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2010, 07:00 AM
    Our Goodman furnace Filter
    The furnace in our home is GM # 80904 and don't know how to change the Filter or where its at.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Oct 22, 2010, 08:09 PM
    The filter can be anywhere in a return system. Look at the furnace and see if there is a metal handle where the air return meets the furnace. Filters are usually there. Pull the handle out and hopefully a filter is there. If no handle, look for a large wall return, 24X24 or so. You may see small metal tabs on the bottom. Move the tabs over and lift the front, the filter should be in there. Last, look to see if the individual returns have filters in them. Some home builders put them in each room, easy to replace but expensive.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Goodman GUPS120-5 Gas Furnace Only Runs w/o Filter [ 8 Answers ]

My Goodman GUPS120-5 Gas Furnace only runs for a short time before shutting down the flame EXCEPT if I leave the filter out. I have tried a new clean filter and still have the same problem. Initially I replaced the thermostat and still had the same issue. This issue started happening right...

Where is the filter on goodman model number ck30-1a stop blowing cold air [ 0 Answers ]

I need to know where to locate the filter on my goodman ac unit. Model no. ck30-1a

1954 Goodman Furnace filter - where to place [ 7 Answers ]

I'm not sure where the filter goes in this furnace. I opened the lower compartment and there's two possible places I can think of. From the bottom up, there are side supports that would keep it in place, but a few inches up, there's another set of supports that would also keep a filter in place....

Goodman Furnace - Filter? [ 10 Answers ]

We just bought a home with a Goodman furnace (either model GMT or GMTH) and I cannot for the life of me figure out where the furnace goes. The unit sits on the floor and draws the return air from duct in the crawlspace. I removed the side panel and there is a label indicating not to install a...

Goodman Furnace Filter [ 1 Answers ]

We had a new Goodman furnace installed in a deal with new windows (maybe our first mistake) in the spring of 2006. I wanted to change the filter before we got too far into the winter season. Now I don't consider myself an idiot but I cannot find the darn filter. So even if you consider me an...

View more questions Search