Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    welding Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2010, 04:51 AM
    Am I normal if I don't talk frequently with my fiancée?
    I have been engaged since 3 months, and it was an arranged setting. I've never been in any relationship before. My fiancée is very silent kind and I think this marriage has been forced upon her. She doesn't take interest in the conversation, so slowly I am also losing interest in her. Initially I used to call up frequently but now it's kind of become a compusive routine.. maybe once a day. We are getting married very soon and I am in middle of an emotional crisis.
    slapshot_oi Posts: 1,537, Reputation: 589
    Ultra Member

Oct 22, 2010, 05:29 AM

How long have you been dating beforehand?

This is definitely a percursor to what the marriage will be like. I'd suggest calling off the marriage and just date her casually and see where that takes you.
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Oct 22, 2010, 06:34 AM
    Obviously, this is an arranged marriage, likely for both of you. This is your first relationship, and you have been engaged for three months, with a wedding happening soon.

I don't know what you expect under these circumstances, or whether you or your fiancé are able and/or willing to postpone the marriage. Only you can speak to the consequences should you do so.

Your question, "Am I normal, if I don't talk frequently to my fiance", is a question that you have to ask and answer yourself, considering the circumstances. If there is no choice on who you are going to marry, then the 'normal' is, what it is. I think that it is normal to have doubts under circumstances that have happened out of your control, for both of you.

Because the wedding is going to happen soon, it isn't likely that the arrangements can be postponed. But, I do think that as time goes on, your soon to be wife, and you, can beging to communicate in meanngful ways. Nobody can predict the future.

All the best of luck to you.

manga Posts: 92, Reputation: 10

Oct 24, 2010, 10:54 PM

Communication is a huge MUST in marriages. These concerns are best to be talked with her.
    answerme_tender Posts: 1,148, Reputation: 689
    Ultra Member

Oct 26, 2010, 01:23 PM

Have you tried looking at your fiancée has a adult human being. Maybe instead of asking complete strangers how to fix this emotional crisis why not TALK to her.
    Rather you like it or not she is your future wife. You had better start learning how to just come out and ask her feelings on this relationship, and how you BOTH could improve the communication.
    You need to develop a friendship, and the only way to do that is by making an effort to get to really know each other. Talk to her about your hopes about this marriage--ask what her's are.
    Take this chance for your future!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kid who won't talk for himself but will copy how other people talk [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I saw this movie years ago, on HBO, I never caught the name of the movie, and then the power went out, I never saw it again.. The movie was about this boy who was wouldn't talk or he couldn't talk. He could however copy peoples voices, and talk like them, exactley like them.. does anyone...

My chihuahua pup is in heat, her female part is 3 times normal size, is that normal? [ 1 Answers ]

My chihuahua pup is in heat, her female part is 3 times normal size, is that normal?

When I talk my lips become sticky and dry .I feel embrass to talk so I [ 1 Answers ]

When I start to talk my lips become dry and sticky,and it gets embrass I need help with this promble,I've tried drinking water,chewing gun ,used mouth spray .

Is this normal or should I talk to my doctor or hospial? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm 6 mounths pragnet 22 weeks and for adout 2 weeks my pelvic bone has been hurting sometimes the pain get so bad I can't stand I have to sit dawn to ease the pain it helps but not much and if I have to stand I have slouch over on something. Does anyone know what's going on? I'm scared bacouse I...

View more questions Search