Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    antonyan11 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2010, 01:18 AM
    My E: drive is not accessible, some I/O error on disk what I do?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 22, 2010, 03:52 AM

What is your E drive? Is it a partition of your hard drive or an optical drive? What is the EXACT message?
    GrantHillsSA Posts: 405, Reputation: 9

Oct 22, 2010, 06:10 PM

Sounds like a virus/malware to me...

Try scanning with AVG 2011 Free and Malwarebytes Antimalware.

If your clean of viruses and the problem persists then try changing the drive letter from F: to T: or something.
    Start - Run -> Type: diskmgmt.msc and enter.

If the problem still persists then disable ALL processes listed under "Startup" in MS Config by clicking Start - Run -> Type: msconfig
    Now restart and check if the message still appears. If its gone try to eliminate the culprit by enable 3 processes at a time and restarting.

Hope this helps...
    Cheers

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Disk read error message installing XP on new hard drive. [ 4 Answers ]

While installing XP, the installation was down to 2 minutes left until completion when I left the room for a few minutes. When I returned, I had a black screen with a disk read error, Press ctrl+alt+del to restart. When I do that, it goes back to the same screen. I rebooted with the XP disk,...

Disk utility error! Replace hard drive! [ 1 Answers ]

when my mac crash on me the other day it took me all night to install mac os x. when it got install without errors. I ran the disk utility app. When it was checking my hard drive it give me a error. could not fix replace hard drive. (something like that) that was 6 days ago. And now when I ran the...

Error message for floppy disk drive [ 5 Answers ]

System and drive manager indicate fllopy disk drive is OK. On inserting floppy and double clicking theicon, the green comes on. An error message " please insert floppy in drive A" comes on. And thereafter it does not work. Floppy drive is replaced with the new, still the same problem exists. I have...

No disk in drive error [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Dell E510 with 1G of memory. I loaded Money and had the above message. If I clicked cancel 4-5 times it would go away. This has gone on intermittently for 3 months. I have just loaded MGI Photosuite and cannot get past FILE without the message. I can use Money but not Photosuite. ...

View more questions Search