Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bill106 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2010, 08:53 PM
    My daughter died and I am the beneficiary what isbmy options I live in Texas
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Oct 22, 2010, 08:51 AM

Bill106 - sorry for your loss. But please clarify - what are you the beneficiary of? A life insurance policy? IRA or 401(k) account? Other type of investment account?
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Oct 25, 2010, 03:36 PM
    If it is life insurance, it is likely completely tax-free.

The other accounts WILL probably have some tax consequences.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My 14 year old daughter is the beneficiary of a IRA what are the laws? [ 1 Answers ]

My Fourteen year old daughter is the beneficiary of a IRA, I am the full custodial parent. What are the laws for the IRA?

Is adopted daughter have rights of the asset even she is not the beneficiary? [ 10 Answers ]

My grand aunt passed away and no more will. All her savings account is joint with my mother which is her niece. My grand aunt had adopted daughter but she is not the beneficiary of my grand aunt savings account. Does she have rights for the savings account?

Movie with a teenage daughter that was raped by her dad then she died [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to find a movie. Its about a teenage girl who was raped by her dad. She dies but then comes back to haunt her family. It takes place around the woods. Please let me know the movie title its like the families last name. The?? I think.

My daughter lives in a different state and now wants to live with me in Texas [ 1 Answers ]

My divorce was done in California and I had custody of my daughter at that time then joined the army and I was sent to iraq my ex was just supossed to be keeping her until I returned but went behind my back and got custody of her and I knew nothing of it until I returned that was in 2005 she is now...

Daughter died and father wants to give the kids to grandmother [ 2 Answers ]

My daughter died a few weeks ago in a terrible wreck. The kids, age 12 and 10, have not seen their father in over 7 years. So he said I the grandmother, who has seen them as much as I can, whu=ich is a lot, but the father said he would sign what ever he needs to sign for me to be able to raise...

View more questions Search