Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Restrainhelp Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2010, 07:54 PM
    My dad filed for a restraining order judge denied extension what do we do now?
    He's very nervous about it because she is manipulating people and telling people she is beaten by him and telling lies to family in other states a out him. She's told him if I can't have you, no can. My dad has called the police twice before he filed the order. She just won't leave him alone and the dumb judge said they can't extend the order unless there is violence involved. What do you do in this situation? My dad needs help. We need advice.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Oct 21, 2010, 09:50 PM
    The judge is right, sorry. What if we all could get restraining orders whenever we felt like it? Lying about him isn't enough cause. Who is living where since the break up, is it rented or owned, how far apart do they live, how old are the children, where are they, is there divorce pending?
    Family needs to get her sitting down in a nice big chair with soothing words and let her get her grief out for an hour or 2. Then, gently but firmly tell her it's OVER and she needs to move on and you all will help keep her company. Underneath all that anger is pain.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What's the difference between a restraining order and a behavioral order [ 9 Answers ]

If I have a restraining order now and want it changed to a behavioral order, what's the difference between the two

Judge denied to vacate the judgement [ 18 Answers ]

In NYC civil court a law firm sued me for credit card co debt. I had 3 appearances, 1st conference met with court officer and schedule for next date due to we did not agreed on payment discount etc.2nd appearance extended to next court date, I received a MOTION papers from the law office that...

Can a restraining order be filed? [ 4 Answers ]

My husband has an ex girlfriend who is constantly trying to contact him, via Yahoo, myspace, phone, etc. He has told her numerous times to stop but she won't. Now she tries to contact me, threatening me and telling me he's cheating on me, which I know is not true and don't even suspect it. She...

View more questions Search