Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    futile_actions Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2007, 07:19 PM
    My uncle and grandfather
    Last year in July my uncle passed away, and now I can't seem to stop thinking about what he must have been thinking. He was out on the crab boat and fell off, he didn't know how to swim and all I can think about now is what he must of saw, looking up at the boat it makes me want to cry. He was only 34 years old and he was the only reason we kept going back to Newfoundland, seeing as my grandfather died of lung cancer 2 years ago in November. I am starting to not believe in god anymore, it doesn't make any sense, what am I supposed to do, I don't understand it anymore, my life used to be really great and now my family is always having fights and my mom won't even talk to her sister anymore so I never get to see my cuzins. Why should I believe in god anymore, I always used to go ot church before this happened I was a good person and now I have no reason to believe anymore its so messed up I need someway toget over my uncle and my grandfather, and a good reason why I should believe in god.:confused:
    Sodium Posts: 250, Reputation: 6

Jan 2, 2007, 07:22 PM
    Well you've always heard of god having a plan for all of us well maybe this was his plan for your family
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 2, 2007, 09:16 PM
    God is here for us, and this is even more the reason to believe, since it if that hope that God is there and that there is a life after this.

Next we all die, that is the final time for everyone born. It is just a fact.

And I will have to say not to sound wrong, if you don't know how to swim you should always have a life vest on if you are in a boat. Esp if you are working on boat. We often die because of choices we make in life, and God allows us the free will to make these choices.

God gets way too much creidt and by far too much blame for things in this world, he is in control over all but gives people the free will to decide things and make choices which make things happen in their life.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Jan 2, 2007, 10:15 PM
    God is always there for you and your family. There are rough times. Very sad situations that happened in your family. It is how each individual member of the family, how they look at these life changing events. For you to blame God, or start not believing God. It is your own personal outlook that is making you feel this way. It is important to always do your best to have faith. That no matter what may be going on with your family right now. It is your reaction that will make a difference. Positive, negative. It is up to every individual how they will respond. I do believe that every situation in life. Especially the ones that are considered sad, bad. Are actually positives in disguise and will actually build each person up and make each person stronger, hopefully in becoming a better person. Hopefully becoming more thankful for what you do have. When you lose something, from experience myself. Later on, wow do you gain more back. I am sorry to hear about your loss, at the same time you need to know that your uncle and Grandfather are in the presence of Our Loving God.

Joe
    futile_actions Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2007, 12:14 PM
    Well, why would god take a 34 year old man away from his 11 year old daughter when he was all she had left?
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Jan 3, 2007, 12:31 PM
    That is not all she has. She has all of the other family, She has you? Why would you count them out?

Joe

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mother has died and now Grandfather is wanting us out [ 1 Answers ]

My mother died recently and her and my grandfather are one the deed. Well at my mothers funeral he informed me and my husband that he wanted us out in 60 days. So after a couple days I said that I would not be able to pay rent save money and keep the bills running. I just found out today that he...

My uncle & Bad chest pains. [ 4 Answers ]

My uncle was rushed into hospital this morning from work because he was having really bad chest pains. He is having tests done and I am having to wait by the phone for any news. I am really worried about him and finding it hard to concentrate. I asked my Mum what it could be and she said it...

Have I been in touch with my great grandfather? [ 3 Answers ]

I've been doing genealogical research on my family tree since my father died in 1980, but have hit snag after snag in my search due to family members not passing information down to the next generation, fires that destroyed important written information, etc. I recently, however, was able to...

Uncle Albert's Mysterious Island Help! [ 3 Answers ]

Can anyone give clues to this game or where to find some online. This is a PC/MAC game. ?

View more questions Search