Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mwilber76 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2010, 04:19 PM
    My husband is receiving blocked numbers and talking for hours.
    Yet he says he won't answer calls from blocked numbers. What is going on?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 21, 2010, 07:00 PM

Who is he talking to, what does he say is going on ?
    dhuber Posts: 73, Reputation: 21

Oct 22, 2010, 07:35 AM
    You need to investigate thishowever you can. There should be no secrecy in a relationship. Have you confronted your husband on the discrepancy between these 2 situations. I don't like when men try to pretend that they are not doing anything. If you have to be a private investigator in your home then that's what you havee to do. However blocks numbers come from all kind of places including salesman so don't act if you are not very suspecious and unsure
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 22, 2010, 06:37 PM

Drop his phone in the toilet! Accidentally of course, if he can't tell you who he is talking to. I assume you have asked.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 22, 2010, 06:44 PM

Yes, my wife would accidentally drop it and accidentally step on it 10 or 12 times If I was doing something like that.
    beachloverjohn Posts: 491, Reputation: 242

Oct 23, 2010, 01:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Drop his phone in the toilet! Accidentally of course, if he can't tell you who he is talking to. I assume you have asked.
    Don't forget to flush.
    sfreeman72 Posts: 4, Reputation: 7

Oct 23, 2010, 08:51 PM
    Let me tell you a little story.. my husband had been faithful to me for thirteen years (or so I thought).. Our son and I went on vacation ( he stayed home to work) while I was gone he accidentally pocket dialed me (I was on the beach in Fla.) So it was my husband and my sister in law (my brothers wife) talking and just chatting it up ( my brother was away on business at the time) anyway... he and she denied anyting but a friendship that they couldn't tell anyone about because they thought no one would understand. My vacation ended very very early.. we come home and surprised my husband.. he was very mad.. you would think he would be glad to see his wife and son, but he was mad, he was all dressed up getting ready to leave and go somewhere.. spoiled his plans he was mad. So we argued... he said nothing was going on. I said OK, let's see how he acts now. After We got home from vacation I checked the phone bill... never had to do that before, but there were 20,000 text messages between sis-n-law and husband.. My brother and I had no idea.. and yes they had an affair and were sleeping together in my bed while I was away! Needless to say that he is no loger in my house.. she and my brother decided to try and work out their marriage (that's a whole other issue I have to deal with) and he is with another woman about 15 years younger than him... he's 39! But guess what? I still have access to the phone records and I found out she is doing the same thing to him that he did to me.. sneaking around talking to another man... all I can tell him when he finds out (because I will never tell) is that you reap what you sew! So yes I learned the hard way... Plus for a little extra bonus he gave me an STD! So If he is acting strange.. investigate, investigate, investigate for your own sake!
    YeloDasy Posts: 363, Reputation: 81

Oct 23, 2010, 08:58 PM

Ask him if you can answer it next time?
    Enigma1999 Posts: 2,223, Reputation: 1077
    Welbeing Expert

Oct 23, 2010, 08:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sfreeman72 View Post
    Let me tell you a little story..my husband had been faithful to me for thirteen years (or so I thought).. Our son and I went on vacation ( he stayed home to work) while I was gone he accidentally pocket dialed me (I was on the beach in Fla.) So it was my husband and my sister in law (my brothers wife) talking and just chatting it up ( my brother was away on business at the time) anyway...he and she denied anyting but a friendship that they couldn't tell anyone about because they thought no one would understand. My vacation ended very very early..we come home and surprised my husband..he was very mad..you would think he would be glad to see his wife and son, but he was mad, he was all dressed up getting ready to leave and go somewhere..spoiled his plans he was mad. So we argued...he said nothing was going on. I said ok, let's see how he acts now. After We got home from vacation I checked the phone bill...never had to do that before, but there were 20,000 text messages between sis-n-law and husband..My brother and I had no idea..and yes they had an affair and were sleeping together in my bed while I was away! Needless to say that he is no loger in my house..she and my brother decided to try and work out their marriage (that's a whole other issue I have to deal with) and he is with another woman about 15 years younger than him...he's 39! But guess what? I still have access to the phone records and I found out she is doing the same thing to him that he did to me..sneaking around talking to another man...all I can tell him when he finds out (because I will never tell) is that you reap what you sew! So yes I learned the hard way...Plus for a little extra bonus he gave me an STD! So If he is acting strange..investigate, investigate, investigate for your own sake!

What a jerk! :mad: I'm sorry that happened to you.

To the OP, I would talk to him about it. I would get to the bottom of it.

Do you ask him who he is talking to?
    YeloDasy Posts: 363, Reputation: 81

Oct 23, 2010, 09:05 PM

Yeah just be honest about what it looks like... then ask him of you can answer! :)
    sfreeman72 Posts: 4, Reputation: 7

Oct 23, 2010, 09:18 PM
    Yea it's been rough Enigma.. devastating.. I can't believe either of them, she OMG I still have to deal with her for my brother's sake.. it's all so stupid.. what's wrong with someone just saying I don't love you anymore and going about their merry way? I mean seriously I though my marriage was fine and dandy.. and the sis-n-law was like my best friend.. I guess she was using the old... keep you friends close and your enemies closer huh? Oh well... I will be OK.. me and my son are moving on!
    Enigma1999 Posts: 2,223, Reputation: 1077
    Welbeing Expert

Oct 23, 2010, 09:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sfreeman72 View Post
    Yea it's been rough Enigma.. devistating..I can't believe either of them, she OMG I still have to deal with her for my brother's sake..it's all so stupid..what's wrong with someone just saying I don't love you anymore and going about their merry way? I mean seriously I though my marriage was fine and dandy..and the sis-n-law was like my best friend..I guess she was using the old...keep you friends close and your enemies closer huh? Oh well...I will be ok..me and my son are moving on!
    Some times people just do what THEY feel is good for them... They don't think about others.

I'm glad that you and your son is moving on. After all, your son is top priority. In time your son will learn the truth and have no respect for him for what he did to you guys. But, your son WILL respect you for not tolerating that.

Be strong!
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Oct 25, 2010, 06:28 AM
    What are you doing, while he is on the phone 'for hours' with a person you do not know.

You haven't said how long this has been going on, how often, or is a regular, daily/nightly thing. Nor have you said if you have reason to think he's having an affair by not coming home on time, staying out late, Do you have any other clues as to why he would so obviously be hiding this anonymous person from you?

Have you said that you want to know who this anonymous person is?

While flushing the phone might temporarily feel good in retaliation, he'll just get another phone, and perhaps stop with the phone calls and meet up with this person at the Sleeze-Are-Us motel, if he isn't already.

I don't know how big an alarm bell has to sound, or how large a red flag has to be, to see that there is a problem here. My advice to you is to hire a private detective, get the facts, know what the truth is without guessing, and then decide what to do about it.

Anything else is not going to get to the truth.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to trace blocked numbers [ 3 Answers ]

I keep getting 'unknown' calls on my cell. How can I trace them and see who it is that keeps calling me?

My cell phone bill has blocked numbers how can I see who my husband is calling? [ 7 Answers ]

My husband is making blocked calls on his cell , went the bill comes in I see blocked numbers all the time . I just would like to get the number? I know he is cheating only if I could get the blocked number?

How can I unblock blocked numbers in my cell? [ 2 Answers ]

I have been receiveing a blocked number for two days I can't figure out what to do? If I had this person's cell number I wouldve rather traced it!

I am receiving survivors insurance and my parents are talking about kicking me out. [ 1 Answers ]

I am receiving survivors insurance and now my parents are threating me to kick me out of the house else I sign over the checks. My probation officer told me this is illegal. I need answers to know what my rights are and how can I go about knowing what my parents still have to pay for until I'm 21?

How do I unblock blocked numbers? [ 2 Answers ]

I have been receiving harassing phonecalls for the past several months from a blocked number that reads "UNKNOWN" on my phone. I have suspicions about who is calling me but I want to be sure. They call everyday, and sometimes they call multiple times a day. If I don't answer, they leave me rude and...

View more questions Search